chapter fifty nine

♈︎

soap wheezed and let a grunt out in pain as his back hit the ground. he rolled on his side crawling into a ball. "aww fuck! how are you that strong woman?"

"maybe don't ask to spar her when she's angry." simon teased him, walking up to him and lifting him up off the ground. "again."

"why does she have to keep putting me on the ground? why not you?" soap complained, placing his hand on his back.

"because you're lighter!" simon snapped.

"i'm not that light!"

"you think she can lift 228 pounds off of the ground?" simon glared at soap before walking back to his spot. "i said again (y/n)!"

i sighed and waited for soap to prepare himself before i would even ram into him again.

"ready?" i asked, looking at him with alertness.

"ready as ever." he huffed.

i sprinted towards him, wrapping my arms around his legs and lifting him off of the ground as i moved forward and successfully tackled him down.

"fuck!" he held onto the word for a while and placed his hand on his back again, groaning in agony. "i think i ruptured my kidney!"

"wont be the first time!" simon chuckled, watching him roll on the ground. "good now you learned you can tackle a man!" he smirked.

"come on." i helped soap up off of the ground, patting his arm as he winced from the pain in his back.

"never doing this again." soap panted, groaning out in pain.

"you've done it many times before." simon shook his head, patting soaps back and walking with him towards the door. he shortly came back and eyed me as i started a set of pull ups.

"so- this means you're going to be in the weight room more often?" he asked, watching me lift myself up.

"yep-" i huffed as i lifted myself back up. "gets rid of stress." i dropped down and landed on my feet, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

"yeah i bet it does." he looked down at me and moved closer, slowly reaching his arms out to grab my hips. i moved out the way and grabbed the water bottle off of the ground, taking a sip from it.

"so when is the mission?" i looked up at him, placing my hand on my hip.

he cleared his throat and broke eye contact with me, looking to the left side of the room and back to me."in two days. we'll be heading out soon though."

"great." i huffed, grabbing the towel off the ground and throwing it over my shoulder. "i'm gonna go eat."

                                     ♈︎

i entered the kitchen and sat down at the island, pulling my phone out and scrolling through instagram. i rested my face against my hand and stopped scrolling since a peculiar video popped up. the people in the video were speaking spanish, bickering back and fourth with eachother and a man on his knees in the ground.

"hey (y/n)!" soap greeted, walking into the kitchen and standing behind me. "what's this?"

the video continued with the man then speaking into the camera and then getting a gun pointed to his head. he continued speaking until he was shot shortly after.

"holy shit!" soap grabbed my phone out of my hand and replayed the video.

"dude!" i turned to him, trying to take my phone back.