Chapter 704: Only one answer (2)

"Can I ask you what kind of mask it was?"

Rosalyn crouched and made eye contact with On and Hong.

"That-"

"No."

Hong was about to say something, but On moved in front of him and stopped him. Rosalyn realized her mistake and moved away from On and Hong.

What she saw embedded in On's eyes was wariness toward people who suddenly appeared from a sister who had to protect her younger brother on her own.

'It feels a bit, a bit upsetting?'

Rosalyn knew that this was an illusion, but it was so realistic that this place seemed like the past.

That was why she was thinking that On's wary eyes looked smart and thus was proud of On, but also felt a bit upset that she was the target of such wariness.

"Something is weird."

Rosalyn heard Choi Han's voice at that moment.

"This tree was originally black."

On and Hong flinched and looked at Choi Han.

"It turned white one day. That was after Cale-nim visited this tree."

"What?"

Rosalyn's eyes opened wide. Clopeh eyes clouded over. Mary, who was hidden under her robe, started speaking.

"The young master-nim has a wood attribute ancient power."

His allies were aware of that power more than any other power.

"Shield."

The silver shield was pretty much Cale's symbol.

Rosalyn subconsciously raised her voice.

"Choi Han, did young master Cale ever say that he got the power from this tree?"

"I didn't hear anything. But it is easy to come to a conclusion."

The Man Eating Tree suddenly changed, Cale was somehow connected to it, and it stopped eating people after that. Cale used his wood attribute ancient power at the capital.

"...It is highly likely."

The chances of young master Cale getting his shield here was extremely high. However, there was something Rosalyn could not understand.

"Then how did the White Star take that power instead?"

The White Star of the past should not be aware that the shield was here.

That was how Cale was able to get his hands on it.

"And isn't the White Star supposed to get the wood attribute ancient power from Harris Village?"

Choi Han could not respond to Rosalyn's question.

Originally, the White Star should come to Harris Village with his subordinates and massacre the villagers. Furthermore, he would take the wood attribute ancient power that is locate somewhere in Harris Village.

That ancient power would allow the White Star to see the annual rings and know things like if time is twisted for someone.

"...The shield is not a power the White Star needs."

The White Star was a reincarnator. The power he needed was the power located in Harris Village.

"But the White Star took the shield instead of that power?"

Why?

"...How."

They heard an angry voice at that moment.