Chapter 714: Are you sure that you're a god? (1)

Inside a typical two-story house surrounded by a forest... A few people were sitting around a table in the basement. Alberu nonchalantly threw the document in his hand.

"It's definitely it."

Tap.

The document that landed on the table had an insignia on the first page.

"I thought that the ranking would be low because you said it was a non-mainstream faction, but it is still an Elder-Grade insignia."

"We need some clout to settle in properly in a new location; don't you believe so, your highness?"

An old woman sitting across from Alberu smiled warmly at him. She was the leader of the non-mainstream faction of Alchemists and had stealthily come here to negotiate with the crown prince.

The crown prince looked at the old woman and middle-aged man sitting on either side of the White Star before leaning his body forward. The middle-aged man had introduced himself as the representative of the reclusive mages of the Whipper Kingdom.

Alberu smiled elegantly.

"It's good to settle in well at a new location. But doing that is the hardest thing."

"That is why we are trying to get on the good side of the owner of that new place."

Alberu's smile became thicker.

"Don't get the wrong idea."

However, the words coming out of his mouth were cold.

It was so cold that the people who came to support the old woman and the middle-aged man flinched.

"I am not the owner of this place."

The White Star smiled brightly.

"But won't you soon become the owner? With the slightest of help from us of course."

The White Star turned to look at Tasha and some camouflaged Dark Elves standing behind Alberu.

"The owner does not have to do anything except open up the place to us. We, as the owner's hands and feet, will make the place beautiful and plentiful."

"Yes. That would be wonderful."

Alberu did not deny what the White Star said. However, he said one more thing.

"I just need to confirm that those hands and feet are truly my own hands and feet."

The old woman who came as the representative of the non-mainstream faction tilted her head to the side.

"Your highness, I'm not sure what else we need to show you. This is putting us in quite an awkward position. I, as the representative, personally came to a place like this at your request. Is that not enough?"

"Yes. I recognize you as the leader of the non-mainstream faction. This insignia on the document... It is indeed an Elder-Grade insignia. It is as I have seen."

Alberu pointed at the insignia.

"So bring the insignia."

The old woman frowned.

"It will put me in a difficult position if it is revealed that I removed the insignia from the Alchemists' Bell Tower, your highness."

"That's the reason I want you to do it."

"...Excuse me?"

A relaxed smile appeared on Alberu's face.

"Shouldn't I hold onto some sort of weakness for both of us until you all properly settle down here?"