Chapter 774: I'm going to rest now? (1)

"Mm."

He felt something chilly on his cheek.

Cale slightly tossed and turned after feeling the cool thing on his cheek.

'...Toss and turn?'

Cale's mind woke right up.

The last thing he remembered...

Both of his cheeks were slapped by the God of Death's divine item.

'And then I fainted.'

He had fainted, but he was seated with his face down on a table?

"Fuck."

'I'm dreaming.'

Cale realized that he was still unconscious and that this was either his dream or his subconscious.

"I guess you're finally up."

Tap.

Cale heard a familiar voice before he heard something being placed next to him.

"...Ha."

Cale let out a short sigh before opening his eyes. He slowly raised his body to see that his cheek had been on a glass tabletop.

He raised his head to see a typical office setting. It was quite similar to an office Cale had seen in a drama when he was still Kim Rok Soo.

There were cabinets and all sorts of office equipment you would normally see in a company office. However, there were only two desks here; the one Cale was seated at and the slightly bigger desk opposite Cale that seemed to be for a superior.

'I can't see outside.'

All of the windows had black curtains closed so that he could not look out.

Cale looked down.

He could smell a sweet fragrance coming from the mug.

This was obviously hot cocoa.

Cale looked up again and turned to the side. His mouth opened and a casual voice flowed out.

"God?"

The owner of the familiar voice, the God of Death, gently shrugged his shoulders.

"You're talking so informally to me."

He then nodded his head as if he understood.

"I guess you have no reason to speak nicely to me."

Cale looked up at the person standing next to him and looking down at him before starting to speak.

"This is unexpected."

His eyes slowly took in the God of Death's appearance.

"Is this your true appearance?"

"What?"

The God of Death chuckled. He mischievously responded to Cale, who was looking at him as if this truly was unexpected.

"This is how I look when I work. Did you expect something extremely holy or whatnot?"

"...No."

Cale seemed very shocked as he was unable to hide his emotions as he responded.

"You look more normal than I expected."

The God of Death looked at Cale as if he was at a loss for words. However, Cale didn't care about his gaze at all and openly observed the God of Death.

The man in front of him was over 190 cm tall and was wearing a sweater and khakis that made Cale think of Earth. The God of Death's white hair, bronze skin, muscular body, and black eyes seemed truly... It seemed oh so very...