Chapter 711: Our friend is not here (3)

The ones with the most complicated expressions on their faces were Eruhaben and Clopeh. Eruhaben was pushing his temples as he spoke.

"So, the bastard who stole your dongsaeng's face and name is trying to cause chaos on the Western continent?"

– That's right.

"Numerous life forms may die in the process?"

– That's correct.

Eruhaben debated who he should trust. He looked at the Dark Tiger again.

'This guy seems a bit more trustworthy.'

The black Dragon showed no signs of being brainwashed when he had inspected him inside the lair. Although the brainwashing could have been done with a superior ability that was beyond his level, but...

'They're unskilled.'

Their so-called allies, Choi Han the swordsman, Rosalyn the mage, and that one knight... They were strong for humans but they were unskilled and had many lacking traits compared to Eruhaben.

'That little punk named Choi Han is an exception though.'

Either way, he could not easily trust anybody. The White Star who had introduced himself as Cale and this black tiger... Which side should he choose?

– There's no need to choose one side.

Eruhaben looked toward the black tiger again after hearing a comment that sounded as if he knew what Eruhaben was thinking.

– You won't find an answer no matter how long you contemplate it. Don't you agree?

"...That is true."

– Follow us to keep an eye on us. You'll be able to tell which side is telling the truth if you keep observing us.

Tap.

Eruhaben's finger that had been pushing at his temple gently tapped the table.

He had his answer.

"Fine. I will keep an eye on you guys for the time being."

Eruhaben's eyes observed each person who came to find him.

"How dare he steal the hero's face and try to take the esteemed hero's achievements as his own......!"

'...Mm.'

Eruhaben flinched a bit while looking at Clopeh before looking at an empty chair.

Cale was sitting there. Cale motioned to Alberu with his eyes.

"Let's go, your highness."

– Yes.

Alberu nodded his head as he responded.

– Let's go to the palace.

* * *

"Invisibility and soundproof barrier magic. Are those the only two that are needed?"

– Yes.

Eruhaben was looking at the cintamani in his hand while not looking convinced. He let out a short sigh and cast his spells.

The invisibility and soundproof barrier magic were targeted at two individuals.

Eruhaben and the cintamani.

"...Does your dongsaeng not need it?"

– As you are already aware, you cannot see or hear him.

"That is true."

Eruhaben then spoke in a slightly annoyed voice.

"Then I have to do everything myself?"

– That's right.