Side Story 1-1: New Employee Kim Rok Soo (1)

This place was just called, 'Company.'

Of course, it had the grand name of 'Disaster Prevention and Protection of Civilization,' but nobody in or out of the company called it that.

Disasters were never ending and it didn't do anything big enough to really say that it was protecting civilization.

Nonetheless, as a third organization separate from guilds and the government, the company mediated any issues between the two other organizations in addition to taking care of monster invasions, guild inspections, and government audits among many other things.

And today... Today was Orientation Day for all new employees of the company who joined this year.

* * *

"Hmm. Are they our field-side people from this group?"

"Yes, Director-nim."

The man called the Director nodded his head at his subordinate's confirmation and looked at the new employees who were separated into two groups.

There was a line in the middle of this quite large hall and chairs were placed on both sides of the line.

Right side body, left side head.

Those were the titles for the two parts.

The 'body' side had the new employees for the departments that use their bodies, such as going into battle.

"...Is that Team 1 over there?"

"Yes sir."

"Tsk."

The corners of the Director's lips went up for some odd reason. He looked as if he was about to sneer.

"Hand me the files."

"Right here, sir."

The secretary handed two files over without even needing an explanation.

"Pffft." The Director chuckled.

"The people for team leader Lee Soo Hyuk's side are quite weird."

Tap. Tap. The Director observed the names of the two new employees assigned to Team 1.

< Kim Rok Soo. >

< Choi Jung Soo. >

The Director shook his head after going through the two of their personnel records and interview notes.

"Aigoo, it's going to be hard for Team leader Lee."

The corners of his lips were curled up contrary to his comments.

The secretary peeked at the Director before looking away and starting to think.

'Funny bastard. You were the one who said to put all the good newbies with your damn lackeys. Why are you pretending that you don't know? You greedy son of a bitch.'

This was his superior, but the Director truly was an idiot.

'Do you really think trying to keep Lee Soo Hyuk in check will work?'

Team leader Lee Soo Hyuk.

Although he was only a team leader because he chose to remain one in order to go out in the field, everybody inside and outside of the company knew the truth.

Lee Soo Hyuk was the symbol of this company.

'...But it really will be difficult for the team leader-nim this time.'

After looking at the personnel records, the secretary agreed that the lowest ranking newbies were assigned to Lee Soo Hyuk's team.

'One is focused on martial arts and sword arts while the other is for rear support.'