Side Story 7-3: The Days of Rest for the One who Dreams of Being a Slacker (3)

"Huuuuuu."

Cale ended up letting out a deep sigh, but the children averaging seven years old did not care.

They simply thought Cale was being himself.

"...Ha!"

Cale subconsciously scoffed at that fact.

Cale couldn't help but laugh at his current situation which was extremely different from the silence he experienced in his dreams because he recalled the memories of his past.

'I was still young back then.'

Yes, Kim Rok Soo was inexperienced and young for the first year when he became a team leader.

At least it felt that way now that he was thinking back on it.

Team leader Kim Rok Soo started to have more days off as he got older, didn't find it difficult to honor his fallen friends, and even became a bit closer and friendlier with his team members.

Kim Rok Soo grew naturally because each and every day was full of all sorts of incidents and work.

"...Of course, it wasn't as chaotic as here."

"Hmm? Human, where is it chaotic? I want to go see it!"

"Me too, nya! I'm curious, nya!"

"...I don't think we need to go anywhere to see that, nya."

Raon, Hong, and On commented one after another at Cale's comment. Cale shook his head.

Someone offered him a warm cup of tea as he did that.

"Young master-nim."

It was Ron.

Cale subconsciously sat up as soon as he saw Ron smiling in the most benign way he had seen in months.

Ron handed him some honey lemon tea as if it was normal and Cale chose to drink it for now.

'Why is he smiling like that all of a sudden?'

This was when Cale still got scared every so often whenever he saw Ron smiling benignly like this.

Ron didn't care as he observed Cale with a cold sunken gaze that was different from his benign smile.

'He's weirder than usual today.'

Cale's complexion was worse than usual despite just waking up.

He looked like a puppy that was completely drenched from the rain. Of course, crown prince Alberu would just say that he looked like he was sleeping and just woke up, but it was different to Ron.

"Hmm."

He subconsciously thoroughly inspected Cale's face as Cale avoided his gaze.

'What's up with him?'

Cale suddenly got the chills.

"We are considering having a feast for dinner as it is the last day of the year. What do you think, young master-nim?"

Cale could see the eyes of the children averaging seven years old sparkling. Cale slowly turned his gaze away from the sparkling eyes that were full of anticipation and looked at Ron.

"Do whatever you want."

Smile.

Ron had an exaggerated smile on his face. Cale had an ominous feeling for some reason.

"I will do whatever I want as you indicated, young master-nim."

'Why did this sound so much as if he was going to go assassinate someone?'