Chapter 712: Our friend is not here (4)

There were many documents in Alberu Crossman's hand as he walked into his office.

Unlike the outside situation where the cool spring evening was perfect for tea time outside, Alberu's expression slowly stiffened as he walked into his private area.

"Your highness, should I bring over some refreshments?"

His expression softened after hearing his attendant's voice, and he turned around with a smile.

"That's okay. I'll let you know if I need some later."

"As you command, your highness."

Click.

The door closed with a quiet sound and Alberu was finally alone.

"Huuuuuu."

He sighed before brushing back his orderly hair.

'There's too much to do.'

A stealthy investigation would be launched regarding this 'Cale' existence that Alberu had reported to King Zed.

The responsibility of taking care of this, as well as the issue with Commander Toonka, was assigned to Alberu as he seemed to know the incident the best.

Alberu had been assigned the task as he had wanted, but he couldn't help but have a headache from the preparation as it was related to core individuals of different nations.

There was also the deal with the White Star.

Alberu had said that he would think about the offer, but he needed to make sure that the decision he made was the best one.

The King's birthday celebration was coming soon.

Alberu needed to show something by then to contest the second prince who had reliable backing and the third prince who had the king's affection.

What a heada-"

Alberu's gaze stopped somewhere as he undid his neck button out of frustration. His gaze immediately sunk cold.

"Who are you?"

On top of his office desk... There was an orb he had never seen before.

Alberu quickly searched the office with his gaze. He heard an unfamiliar voice at that moment.

– You're scared.

'What?'

Alberu looked toward the orb again.

"Mm."

There was a tiger with a black mane staring at him with a sparkling gaze.

Alberu had never even seen a creature like this even in books. He subconsciously frowned after hearing the tiger's next statement.

– Do you think that the answer would appear because you stare at me?

It was obvious that this tiger was provoking him. However, the problem was that the black tiger's serious demeanor and low voice made it not feel like provocation at all.

Alberu stopped frowning and started speaking.

"But there is no reason to not observe the other party."

– That is true.

Cale quietly watched the two Alberus converse.

'I can tell after seeing them like this that his highness had some rough patches in the past.'

Although the Dark Tiger, the Alberu of the present, was not visibly showing anything, it was obvious that he would pity this Alberu in front of him.

– Let me ask you a question.