Side Story 7-2: The Days of Rest for the One who Dreams of Being a Slacker (2)

'He seems to have figured it out, right?'

'I think so.'

The two team leaders were finally relieved as they exchanged glances.

Director Ma was a bit of a terrible person, but he wasn't the type of person who would do something like this if he knew what day it was.

"Ahem."

Director Ma let out some fake coughs while peeking at Kim Rok Soo, who was silently sitting there. Team 2 leader held back a sigh and started speaking.

"Director-nim. I know that you must be disappointed to not have Team leader Kim at the ceremony, but didn't he do a very good job with getting everything done? Team 3 leader and I are enough for the ceremony! You know we are reliable, don't you?"

"Ahem. I am very well aware of your abilities, Team 2 and Team 3 leaders. The two of you will be enough for the ceremony to proceed smoothly. Ahem."

He continued to peek at Kim Rok Soo's face.

"I was just saying that it would be great if Team 1, the pride of our company, and the team leader of that team would participate in the ceremony."

Team 3 leader smiled awkwardly and nodded his head.

As they had expected, Director Ma was acting like this because the team leader of Team 1 was not going to participate in the ceremony. He probably would have said a thing or two if he, as the team leader of team 3, had said that he couldn't show up, but he would not have called all of them here like this. He probably wouldn't have cared much about it.

"Well, for the past year, you've worked very hard, so I guess it would be good for you to get a good rest."

Director Ma said that and looked at team 2 leader who held back another sigh and responded.

"Yes, sir. I agree with you! Hahaha!"

"Right? Ahem, I know you must all be busy as well, so you can go!"

"Yes, Director-nim!"

Team 2 and Team 3 leaders immediately stood up and Kim Rok Soo followed them. The three of them bowed and left the Director's office.

Director Ma confirmed that the door was closed before immediately checking the calendar.

"...Tsk. It's already that time."

He didn't like Kim Rok Soo very much.

However, he accepted that Kim Rok Soo was skilled.

"Yes. Nobody other than Team leader Kim would have been able to do so much in almost a year."

Director Ma thought about last year.

Kim Rok Soo was the only survivor on Team 1.

He had carried on Lee Soo Hyuk's desires and became the team leader.

Team 1 was in ruins at the time.

Everybody thought that its reputation would crumble. Both people inside the company and outside thought that Team 1 without Lee Soo Hyuk and his subordinates would be nothing much.

However, those speculations were completely crushed.

In just one year, Kim Rok Soo did not make Team 1, but it was at least basically back to normal.

That was why people were saying that they truly were Team 1, and based on Team 1's pace, they were once again saying that they would be the company's ace team again, unlike last year.

"...He didn't even take a break when Team leader Lee passed away. Tsk."

Director Ma had not liked Lee Soo Hyuk either.