Chapter 750: Gathered (3)

Boom- boom- boom-

Early morning as the darkness slowly disappeared and the sun started to rise... The sound of drums echoed throughout Puzzle City.

Not a single one of the many birds were chirping. The sound of the drums was the only thing that was heard, as if it would cover up all of Puzzle City.

"Human! Wake up! The drums are sounding!"

"It's today, nya!"

"Today, today is that day, nya!"

Today was the 50th celebration, the day to offer the sacrifices.

"Ugh."

Cale couldn't breathe for a moment. He barely let out a breath and quietly mumbled.

"T, take your feet off."

'These little punks.'

The children averaging ten years old. The three children who were chubbier than when they were children averaging nine years old were pushing down on Cale's stomach.

"Huff, huff."

'I thought I was going to die.'

"Aigoo. Human, you're so weak!"

"It's okay that you are weak, nya."

"...It's... a bit understandable."

Raon, Hong, and On commented one after another and shook their heads. Cale had expected it from Raon and Hong, but looked at On with a bit of a betrayed gaze as he had not expected this from her as well.

On raised her front paw and pointed to the clock.

"It's almost time to head to the temple, nya."

Boom- boom- boom-

Cale listened to the drums as he observed the clock.

The celebration was to start at noon.

However, the preparations had started early in the morning.

Knock knock knock.

Ron knocked on the door and entered the room.

"Young master-nim, it looks like you will need to get ready."

A cold gaze slightly revealed itself through Ron's fake benign smile as he looked at Cale whose hair was a mess and overall look was shabby.

"Mm."

Cale grabbed the cup of lemonade and quickly got up from the bed. He started grumbling.

"They're telling us to come and go for no reason in the morning."

Cale and the rest of the people staying in this place...

They were people who came as the person in charge of the sacrifices delivered from the different nations and territories or famous people who received the threat veiled as an invitation from the central temple. They were all forced to watch the celebration.

All of them had meaningless tasks to fulfill from the early morning. Furthermore, they had to do it all together.

"They're just trying to tame all of you."

That was right. This schedule was a taming process by the central temple and the White Star as Ron mentioned.

Cale's glabellas scrunched as much as his temper.

"Tsk. How annoying."

* * *

In the end, Cale ended up coming to the central temple to do those annoying things.