Chapter 772: The Birth of a Hero? (6)

'Hunting dog?'

Cale's eyes observed the smiling Zed Crossman's face.

The Duke's House of Orsena.

They were one of the chiefs of the Roan Kingdom's noble factions located at the center of the Roan Kingdom.

Cale had been surprised at the fact that such a household would be sponsoring Hunters, but what Zed just said was even more shocking.

Zed Crossman had led the kingdom forward without doing anything special.

'Such a person is treating a Duke's House as a hunting dog? He raised them as hunting dogs?'

Cale had known that Zed Crossman was not an average king based on what he saw in the sealed god's illusion test but his mind was even more mysterious than Cale had expected.

However, Cale's expression was calm unlike his shocked state and Zed continued as if he expected it.

"Duke Deruth told me that you have heard some things about the Duke's House of Orsena and the Hunters."

Zed stopped talking for a moment before he resumed speaking.

"I also heard your interest in your maternal family has increased?"

The House of Thames. The family had suddenly disappeared as if the whole family had collapsed.

"Commander Cale. I understand why you would be curious about that. It is normal to have a longing and curiosity about your own bloodline."

Cale slightly flinched.

'I... don't really want to know though.'

Cale had already learned too many things because of the Hunters and did not want to learn anymore.

'If I learned any more-'

He had this ominous feeling that he would be swept up in something big and incomparable to the White Star.

But it wasn't as if he could pretend not to know about Drew Thames and the events of the past. He needed to be wary of them at least to a degree especially because the Hunters might aim for Choi Han since he was a single-lifer.

However, slowly finding things out and being wary of them and running into it head first were completely different things. Cale had no intentions of doing the latter.

"Cale Henituse."

King Zed called out to Cale in a low voice. Zed was no longer smiling or frowning. He simply observed Cale without any emotions visible on his face.

"But that is where it stops."

The King warned Cale in a stoic voice.

"The level in which you are allowed to be curious about is at the appropriate level right now. You cannot become anymore curious or take a step forward."

Cale thought about it for a moment.

'...He's telling me to not think about the Hunters?

Right?'

Cale's eyes slowly filled with energy. It was vitality.

Zed attentively observed it before nonchalantly commenting.

"...You also need to know how to suppress your passion. Commander Cale, there are many times when it is not good to step forward."

'Excuse me? What are you saying all of a sudden?'

Cale, who had neither desire to step forward nor any passion to suppress, looked at the king with confusion.

King Zed lightly sighed at the gaze that seemed to question what he just said and not agree.