Side Story 3-2: Don't mess with the crown prince (2)

"...Excuse me?"

'What? Did he say Wyvern Knights Brigade? That legendary Knights Brigade of the North?'

Wetton's pupils were shaking.

"Pffft."

Alberu scoffed.

'Someone who made it up to General by latching onto the third prince's side talking about ability. How laughable.'

General Wetton stuttered as he spoke.

"Umm, were they not coming by s, ships?"

"Wetton. The truth is harsher than you imagine."

'Funny bastard.'

Alberu sneered internally. However, the smile disappeared from his face.

"I like people who are honest. Yes, I tend to cherish those who are being true about what they want."

Alberu headed toward the window.

The sky was cloudy now.

No light was coming into the room. Alberu looked out the window as he asked.

"Wetton, are you truly focused on this war?"

The crown prince was smiling brightly unlike the cloudy sky.

"Isn't your true focus the Commander position and not the war?"

The inside of Wetton's mouth was going dry.

The crown prince with the radiant smile whom people had a positive image of looked completely different from his usual self.

It felt as if a cold blade was right in front of Wetton's neck.

The crown prince's gaze was as sharp as blades as he spoke.

"Cale Henituse has put his everything on the line."

Although Cale Henituse was extremely impudent and treated the crown prince as if he was a neighborhood friend... It allowed Alberu to know something.

Cale Henituse was putting everything he had gathered on the line for this war. He could feel it even without Cale talking about it.

Cale Henituse was going to fight to protect his home, his life, and his family.

Alberu was also fighting to protect the Roan Kingdom.

People who were focused on the same thing... There would be no arguments when you work with people who want the same thing.

"Young master Cale has shown his abilities and has shown that he is focused on saving this land more than anybody else."

Cale Henituse had not shown these things to Alberu because he wanted to do so.

Alberu could simply tell based on everything Cale had done until now.

"Furthermore, whether it is power or fame... He doesn't care nor want any of those things. He simply wants peace."

That was why he was a funny bastard, but one he could trust.

"I am simply raising the hand of someone who is focused on the right thing and has the ability to do so."

Alberu looked at Wetton, who had shown his greed as soon as he heard the information from Teus, and thought about the person behind this guy.

"The Roan Kingdom is currently standing in a fork of destruction or survival."

He then clenched his eyes shut.

The Wyvern Knights Brigade. Now that the enemies could do aerial warfare, they were capable of stealthier, quicker, and more destructive attacks than by ship.