Chapter 727: Must not be sane (3)

'Let's just see what happens for now.'

He would watch how a Hunter and a wanderer fight. After he watches how they fight it out...

'If they try to touch me in the process? Then I just need to fight it out with them too.'

– Cale, your eyes seem vicious.

'Ah. I can't let that happen.'

Cale softened his gaze after hearing the Super Rock's urgent comment. However, he was amazed.

Bait?

Whether it was his life as Kim Rok Soo or as Cale Henituse, he had never been bait without his knowledge.

'I guess one of the two Hunter candidates is Jung Yi-Rang.'

Choi Jung Gun said that there should only be one Hunter, so it should be fine to conclude that Jung Yi-Rang was the Hunter, but Cale decided to remain alert against the other candidate as well.

'I can't trust him.'

He couldn't trust Choi Jung Gun.

'But at least he seems to cherish his own family a lot.'

That would be why he turned Cale into bait to make it safe for Choi Jung Soo.

It was at that moment.

"Hey Jung Soo, less go naw." (TL: Talking with an accent.)

"Hol-on, after I look at this." (TL: Also talking with accent.)

Two steps.

Exactly two steps behind Jung Yi-Rang's back... Choi Jung Soo was right there. Cale turned toward him.

Choi Jung Soo, who seemed to have come here with one of his cousins, was wearing a black track suit. The other person was wearing the same thing so it may be some sort of uniform.
17 years old Choi Jung Soo.

He looked much younger than the Choi Jung Soo that Cale had met.

'He's a bit shorter. He also looks scrawnier.'

He was in much better shape compared to Cale, but he looked like an average person who works out. It was quite unfamiliar for Cale, who thought Choi Jung Soo had been buff since he was young.

'What the hell happened to this punk during high school?'

The twenty years old Choi Jung Soo that he had met in the sealed god's test had an almost perfect physique. Compared to that, right now...

'He looks feeble.'

This was quite ironic coming from Cale, but it was an obvious thought for him.

"Kim Rok Soo."

Choi Jung Gun naturally but suddenly put his hand on Cale's shoulder at that moment. He then pulled Cale back, making Cale turn away from Choi Jung Soo.

"Ah, we should go now."

"Really?"

Choi Jung Gun had finished his conversation with Jung Yi-Rang. Jung Yi-Rang looked disappointed. This was probably his true feelings and not an act. How disappointed must he be to let his prey go from right in front of his eyes?

That was why Cale snickered.

"We're leaving now, Jung Yi-Rang. See you later."

"Hmm?"

"At school. What's wrong?"

"Oh right. See you at school."

Cale waived at Jung Yi-Rang, who was also snickering before moving as Choi Jung Gun pushed him forward.