Chapter 734: Pushing forward too rashly (4)

Cale had headed for Alberu's bedroom immediately after waking up and getting ready in order to act as the prince's close confidant and only attendant.

However, Alberu was not there and Cale naturally searched around for him.

He was not in the bedroom, the study, and showed no signs of having left the palace.

As a result, he headed for the basement training ground. He came with a towel, a cold bottle of water, and a cup.

Cale was amazed at himself.

'I'm working so hard.'

Wouldn't crown prince Alberu who was probably standing outside the temple be touched if he knew about this?

Cale was proud of himself as he walked into the basement training ground when he immediately ran into Alberu's viciousness.

'...How much do you know about me?'

Alberu pulled back his spear and asked Cale what he was plotting after seeing the towel and bottle of water in Cale's hands.

Cale stopped thinking about how things had ended up like this and looked at Alberu. What Cale had said just now...

'Your highness. Your hand must not shake when you are pointing your weapon. You cannot show the enemy your fear.'

Alberu had stopped shaking, potentially because of that comment. Instead, Alberu's eyes looked embarrassed for a moment before the emotion disappeared.

Cale looked around the basement training ground. This place was shabby and crude compared to the basement training ground that Cale knew about.

His nonchalant gaze headed toward Alberu.

"You should have hidden things a bit more thoroughly if you did not wish for me to see you like this, your highness."

Alberu bit down on his lips.

On the other hand, Cale smiled brightly.

"However, I believe that you purposely lured me down to this basement training ground. Am I wrong, your highness?"

There had been no obstacles whatsoever for Cale on his way here.

Furthermore, the Dark Elf who was Alberu's sparring partner and his weapon arts master was not in the basement training ground.

Alberu's gaze changed. Emotion slowly disappeared from his face as if he had never been embarrassed nor bit down on his lips.

In return, the corners of his lips curled up almost mechanically.

"Your highness, you can easily ask me instead of resorting to means like this if you are curious about what I am plotting."

Cale smiled and Alberu lowered the spear in his hand.

"Towel."

Alberu reached out his other hand and Cale handed him the towel. Alberu wiped the sweat off his forehead as he spoke.

"Like this..."

He looked at Cale. Alberu cautiously continued speaking.

"It's been a few years since I've seen an attendant pay so much attention to the First Prince Palace like this. That was why I was wary of you, but also curious."

He peeked at Cale and let out a light sigh as he continued.

"It's rare for something like this to happen to me. It's been too long since someone thought about the palace and me, yes, a long time since anybody even did the basics."