Chapter 739: Pushing forward too rashly (9)

Cale did not miss the instant when Zed's pupils slightly shook. It was a short moment where he was so shocked that he could not control his expression.

"Wanderers? I have no idea what you are talking about."

Although Zed fixed his expression almost immediately...

"You do know."

"......!"

He should know about wanderers since he knows about the Hunters. A thick smile appeared on Cale's face. Zed let out a deep sigh before responding.

"I can't figure you out. Does your mind come and go?"

'They really did wake me up once before knocking me back out.'

During the time when Cale fainted and went over to Raon's side until the sun came up... Zed seemed to have seen the true owner of this attendant's body.

"Yes. Your Majesty. I am not in my proper mindset right now."

"Ho."

Zed scoffed in disbelief. However, his gaze was cold.

"I thought that it was an act or that you had Dissociative Identity Disorder or something. It's a wanderer's ability?"

Zed was providing answers to himself.

"Yes. I guess it is possible for you to control someone else's body if you are a wanderer. Wanderers are people who gave up on being gods anyway. Their abilities are bound to be unique and scary."

Cale smiled and looked up at the sky for a moment.

– Modification 25%......

The percentage was going up quite quickly.

"I looked into your background and they said that you were a clueless attendant born from an average family. But they said that it felt as if you were a completely different person the last few days. It was especially different when the sun was up and when the sun was down."

"There is no time for you to mumble to yourself."

"......."

Cale rudely ignored Zed's comments.

'What's he going to do about it? Would a wanderer be scared of a king?'

Actually, Cale was not very scared of the king despite not being a wanderer.

This was just an illusion after all.

"I am a wanderer gathering information about the Hunters. Okay, that's all the explanation you get about my situation."

It was an extremely lacking and insincere explanation.

"It's my turn to ask the questions."

Cale walked toward Zed. The shadows flinched but he ignored them.

"Your Majesty."

– Modification 57%......

"The House of Crossman was a puppet, weren't you?"

Zed's pupils were shaking violently.

Cale did not need a verbal response after that.

"The ancient White Star must have been used by the Hunters."

Cale had thought that it was weird for a while.

The White Star who was currently Embraced and imprisoned in the golden plaque...

He had chosen to take on the curse of endless reincarnation in order to become a god.

Cale had thought that the White Star was able to prepare all sorts of things in the long span of over 1,000 years thanks to the repeating reincarnations.