Side Story 5-2: Why did the Archduke's Household crumble? (2)

"Gasp."

Lock covered his mouth with both hands.

"Haaaaa."

Choi Han sighed deeply before speaking.

"I'm pretty sure the vague plan you gave before is exactly what you just told us?"

"That's it."

Rosalyn responded refreshingly and Choi Han looked at her for a bit before nodding his head.

"I see."

"That's right."

Lock watched the calm Choi Han and the smiling Rosalyn and quietly lowered his head. He then nodded his head as well after a bit.

'I see. Mm... I guess that's it if hyung and noona says it is.'

Lock decided not to think deeply about it. He looked down at his hands instead.

'I need to get stronger.'

He thought about someone. He fixed his thoughts while recalling that person's back.

'No. It's not getting stronger.'

That person did not seem strong at all. He did not have some exceptional powers.

But looking at that person's back oddly made his anxiety disappear.

'I need to become like that too.'

He needed to do that so that somebody, such as his young siblings, could look at his back and have the same thoughts.

Lock closed his eyes as he firmed his resolve. Although he didn't know what was going to happen in the Breck Kingdom, he knew that it would go well because he was with his hyung and noona.

Furthermore, it should help him grow stronger as well.

* * *

The Breck Kingdom had many secret passages for potential emergency situations.

One of those secret passages was in an isolated house in a part of the forest that doesn't get much traffic.

The door to the basement of that house opened.

"...Noonim."

"John, long time no see."

John stopped walking out of the basement for a moment to look at Rosalyn.

'She really is alive.'

John's heart was finally at peace. He had trusted that she was alive, but it was different from being able to confirm his sister's health with his own eyes. However, his face did not show that relief.

'Who is it?'

The kitchen was connected to the basement.

There was a four person dining table in the kitchen. Rosalyn was sitting down at the table, pointing to the seat across from her for John.

And behind her...

"H, hello."

There was a feeble but quite tall guy. The face that was visible thanks to the magic light on top of the dining table and the voice he heard let John know that this guy was a young boy.

'Mm.'

However, there was someone who was more eye-catching than that young boy.

It was the person who was seated on the kitchen window ledge looking outside. He bowed his head when he and John made eye contact.

He then looked outside again.

'...Something is odd.'

This person seemed a bit older than the other tall young boy, but he also seemed too young to be called a young man. However, the person's expression that was visible thanks to the moonlight shining into the window was bleak, unlike his oddly innocent-looking face.