Chapter 738: Pushing forward too rashly (8)

"Ha... damn it."

Alberu sighed continuously as he stealthily approached Cale and removed the gag.

"...Your Royal Highness?"

Alberu instantly frowned.

"Fuck. What Royal Highness bullshit."

Extremely crude language flowed right out of his mouth. However, Cale was not someone who would care about that.

"Why did you come here, your Royal Highness?"

"Ho!"

Alberu looked at the guy who was tightly bound to the iron chair and had a gag in his mouth until just moments ago.

'Is this bastard out of his mind?'

He truly thought that that was the case.

This guy looked calm and refreshed, as if he had gotten a good night's rest. He seemed relaxed without any signs of fear or wariness. This attendant looked perfectly normal while tightly bound to the chair.

'He definitely looks like a crazy bastard.'

Alberu started to regret his decision.

'Should I not have come?'

"Fuck."

Crude language came out of his mouth again and Cale shook his head.

"Your word choice is extremely crude, your Royal Highness."

"...I should just stop talking. I was crazy."

Alberu could not hide his lamentation. Cale looked at Alberu as if he was amused.

Why?

It was because Alberu was talking like that while still freeing Cale with a dagger he had pulled out from his pocket.

"Why did they make this so tight? Do you not understand what is going on?"

Cale immediately responded to Alberu's casual question.

"I was imprisoned by his Majesty's guards. I will probably die soon. They'll probably kill you too if they catch you doing this, won't they? Ah, they might not kill you because you are a prince. But I cannot be certain about that. His Majesty is extremely difficult to read."

"...So you do understand the situation."

"Yes, your Royal Highness. I'm pretty good at things like that."

"...Should I just leave this guy here?"

Cale just ignored the words Alberu mumbled.

He knew Alberu would still do everything he needed to do despite his grumbling.

"How did you come here, your Royal Highness?"

Cale looked at the area that was visible thanks to the magic light that Alberu brought with him.

He couldn't see everything but he could tell that he was in a prison-like area surrounded by stone walls.

"This is the first basement level of the library."

"I see. Did you follow me?"

Alberu hesitated for a moment before responding to Cale's nonchalant question.

"Yes. I did follow you."

"That was good, your Royal Highness. You must verify things when you are suspicious of someone."

Alberu looked at Cale as if he was looking at an impossible to comprehend creature before peeking at Cale's cold gaze that did not match his calm demeanor. He then lowered his head and focused on getting Cale free.