pt.5

Aonung's Pov:

I quickly tried to hide my face, knowing who was there.

"Aonung?" The voice repeated coming closer. I didn't speak, not knowing if it would give away me crying.

I felt a hand on my shoulder but I didn't look up.

"Aonung I want to talk to you" lo'ak said, I shook my head. I had nothing to say to him. "Aonung just tell me why you did it" lo'ak spoke lowly. But I couldn't tell him why I did it, because I didn't know why.

I stood up but lo'ak grabbed my wrist. "Dude, I ain't mad anymore" lo'ak told me, he seemed to pause. "We'll I still am" he admitted, I felt my tail and ears lower.

"I don't know" I told him. "What?" He said confused, I turned to face him, he looked surprised. "I don't know why I did it" I said again. "I'm sorry" I bowed my head before quickly turning around to leave the rock.

"Aonung!" Lo'ak called after me but I kept walking, there was no point in talking to him about it. I made a stupid decision. And now everyone hates me.

--time skip.

I was sharping my Spear when lo'ak showed up. Why couldn't he just stay away from me?

"What are you doing" he asked curiously, sitting down next to me. I opened my mouth to tell him to go away but I voice interrupted me.

"Lo'ak!" Neteyam shouted, coming around from behind me making me jump. He quickly grabbed his brothers arms before whispering something that obviously wasn't quiet. "Are you okay"

I frowned blankly lowering my ears. 

"Yeah I'm just hanging out with aonung" lo'ak said, neteyam looked at his brother like he had lost his mind before turning to glare at me.. "Why aonung?" Neteyam asked, not hiding a hint of his anger.

I lowered my head, trying to focus on my spear but I still listened. "I was interested in what he was doing" lo'ak explained, I heard neteyam sigh heavily. "I could show you" neteyam told him. "No I want to see how he does it" lo'ak defended, it sounded like neteyam was getting angrier. "Then have tsireya show you, or rotxo, anyone but him"

For some reason it really hurt when neteyam said that. Maybe it hurt because neteyam was being truthful, I didn't deserve sympathy from lo'ak or anyone really.

The two brothers went away after that, lo'ak protested a lot as they left.

It was quiet when I started to sharpen my spear. Before I got in trouble I always had someone to talk to, someone that actually wanted to be around me. Now no one does.
Not even my own sister.

When the sun started to set I started to clean up, setting off back to my den.

When I got there it was completely empty, it was dinner time so the family was probably out having fun with their friends.

I sighed going to my side of the room and sitting down on my bed. I sat there wondering if tomorrow would be the same day. Silent.

Everyone says the silence is the best peace but this silence felt more like a torture, the prey that was slowly going to get killed. I'm just over exaggerating.

I thought to myself.

But it hurt so much to be alone and quiet, but it's what I felt I deserved. I didn't want it but that's how everyone was.

😞
Word count: 582