pt.66

Neteyam's Pov:

Me and aonung lay in the sand, looking at the sky. "It's nice isn't it?" Aonung asked and I turned to look at him. "What is?" I asked and he smiled.

"I don't know, all this feels like a dream" aonung shrugged and I turned on my side in the sand.

"Yeah it does feel like a dream" I smirked leaning closer to him.

"Neteyam!" A voice shouted making us both jump, as I sat up I saw lo'ak making his way down the beach.

Cock blocker.

"The parents want to talk to us" lo'ak said, by his face I could tell it might not be a happy conversation.

I glanced down at aonung. "I'll see you later alright?" I told him and he nodded.

I got up, leaving with my brother.

Once we made it to the den I saw our parents sitting in the living room, Kiri and tuk were seated Infront of them as me and lo'ak joined them.

Jake let out a sigh, looking to neytiri as if he was wondering who should speak.

"Me and your father have thought about this for a while" neytiri told us. "And we know you all have made many memories and friends here"

Me and my siblings exchanged confused glances.

"But I think it is time to return home"

My eyes widened at this and lo'ak's jaw dropped. "We won't return?" Kiri asked worriedly.

"Well, we'd visit" Jake explained. "But we are not metkayina, and we have another home waiting for us"

I sighed, looking down at my hands. "How long would the visits be?" Lo'ak asked and neytiri shrugged. "Maybe a few months"

"I don't want to go home yet" tuk whined. "I haven't learned everything yet!"

"When do we leave?" I asked, feeling a bit sad.

"In two months, that gives us time to get ready and say farewell" Jake said and we all nodded.

"Why don't you all go with you friends for the rest of the day?" Neytiri suggested, probably seeing our frowning faces.

We all nodded getting up and leaving.

Tuk went with lo'ak while Kiri and I went down to the beach.

Aonung was still there waiting for me.

"Oh you brought company" aonung laughed, but his smile instantly faded after seeing our faces.

"What is it?" He asked worriedly, looking between us.

"We leave in two months" I sighed and he looked completely surprised. "We're gonna go back to our home"

"But metkayina is your home?" Aonung frowned.

"What about the baby?" Aonung said looking at Kiri. "Won't we get to meet it first?"

But Kiri sighed shaking her head and aonungs ears lowered before looking at me.  "I'm sorry aonung, but we all know one day we'll have to return" I explained but he shook his head.

He ripped his hands away from mine, leaving in a hurry of anger. "Aonung!" I called but he didn't come back.

"Leave him, he's just upset" Kiri said softly, resting her hand on her stomach. "He has a right to be"

"Why?" I asked turning to Kiri and she sighed shaking her head. "Don't you get it neteyam?" She frowned. "He's not going to meet the baby" kiri frowned.

"Not until the baby is older at least" kiri said and I frowned. "That's not true, the baby can still grow up metkayina!" I frowned.

"Don't you get it neteyam!?" Kiri hissed suddenly, tears welling up in her eyes. "We're probably never coming back!" She snapped. "We're leaving everyone behind!"

I felt my ears lower as I stared at my sister.

"We're leaving aonung, tsireya, Ronal, Tonowari..." Kiri sighed, looking down at the sand.

"Rotxo too..."

Sobbing but I love angst 😭
Word count: 622