pt.45

Neteyam's Pov:

We we're inside the den now, Kiri and tsireya were washing the vegetables while me and aonung cut the already cleaned ones.

"Jeez kiri what happened to your back?" Lo'ak asked, making us all turn our heads. "Leave her alone lo'ak" tsireya said trying to help her out but we had already seen the scratches running down her back.

"Who did that?" I asked, feeling a little worried.

Kiri didn't turn around she just kept cutting her vegetables. "No one, it's nothing" she muttered. "You sure?" Aonung asked. "She said it's nothing!" Tsireya said glaring at her brother.

Me and aonung exchanged glances while lo'ak came to sit next to us. "Who do you think did that?" Lo'ak whispered to us and aonung shrugged.

For some reason I was pissed. Was someone hurting my sister?

I watched tsireya help kiri fix her shaul to hid the scratches. "Tsireya knows doesn't she?" Aonung whispered to me and I nodded.

--time skip.

Soon rotxo arrived, he had a giant basket in his hands. "Wow dude!" Aonung laughed, getting up to go help rotxo. "Nana went crazy today with cooking" rotxo laughed as the two carried the basket to the table. "We might have to invite the whole camp!" Aonung snickered and rotxo nodded in agreement.

"I made a lot of fry bread, since you guys love it so much" rotxo smiled. And aonung cheered.

Me and lo'ak began to unload the basket filled with Many deliesh smelling dishes.

"Nice necklace rotxo" aonung complimented making me look up. Rotxo had a necklace that covered most of his neck and was decorated with shells.

(Something like that)

Rotxo laughed nervously. "Yeah, nana wanted me to wear it" he said, swaying back and forth. "It looks cool!" Tsireya said from where her and kiri were finishing up the vegetables.

"Rotxo do you mind helping Kiri finish these up?" Tsireya said and rotxo quickly nodded walk over to tsireya. "I gotta go grab the fruits I left out side" she smiled sheepishly, leaving the den.

I know I was supposed to be cutting the vegetables or unloading the basket but I couldn't stop watching Kiri and rotxo.

Rotxo was stiff next to her but his tail swayed slowly while she talked to him, their arms kept touching and I could hear rotxo keep apologizing.

"Baby, why do you keep looking at them?" Aonung whispered to me and I turned to face him. "Sorry I'm just worried about Kiri" I muttered going back to cutting the vegetables. "Rotxo is kind, you don't have to worry about him being around Kiri" aonung smiled at me.

I opened my mouth to speak but a large plate of fruits was dropped in front of us. "ta-da!" Lo'ak cheered as tsireya carried in a few more pieces.

"This is going to be a lot of food" aonung sighed and I patted him on the shoulder.

Shortly after the parents came back as well as rotxo's Nana.

She greeted me and lo'ak softly, before kissing both aonung and tsireya  on the cheek. "Hey nana" aonung smiled, patting her hand.

She gave him a smile before walking over to kiri and rotxo, pinching his cheek before taking both of Kiri's hand.

"What a pretty girl" she smiled. "My boy talks about you Alot" I could see rotxo's ears lower and his face flush as he looked back down at the last vegetables he was washing.

"Aw, that's sweet" Kiri simply said.

I turned back to aonung, nudging his arm. "Does rotxo like Kiri?" I asked him. Aonung shrugged. "Why do you ask?"

"Look at him" I nodded in rotxo and Kiri's direction and aonung made an 'o' sound.

"He follows my sister around like a lost puppy, he follows her everywhere" I muttered. "You sound mad about that?" Aonung said. "I am"

Aonung looked at me confused. "Why?" He asked. "Rotxo is a great guy?" Aonung said, eating a cut piece of fruit. "I know" I sighed. "It's just my sister is the next Tsahìk" I explained to him. "And she's different from the rest of us, and I don't know im Just..."

"Scared?" Aonung answer for me and I nodded.

"Kiri is a strong person, she'll know when to push rotxo away" aonung smiled at me. "I know I just want to protect her" I sighed and aonung nodded. "I know how you feel" he smiled. "I wanted to keep tsireya as far away as possible from lo'ak"

I laughed a little. "I guess it's just an older brother thing then" I smiled and aonung nodded, touching my hand.

He was beautiful.

Lovebirds istg 🧍🏻🧍🏻
Word count: 780