pt.54

Neteyam's Pov:

I softly braided Kiri's hair as she made a necklace out of sea rocks, beads, and sea shells.

"It looks very beautiful" I commented as she put another bead on the necklace. "Thank you" Kiri sighed.

I finished off her braid and smiled. "Don't you look amazing?" I said and she turned around to smile back at me. "Thank you neteyam"

She tied the ends of the necklace before standing up.

"Where are you gonna go?" I asked her and she looked down at the necklace. "The spirit tree's" she said and I nodded sadly.

"You shouldn't go there every day kiri" I told her. "It's gonna break you"

"I want to see him" she simply said before walking away. Leaving now room for conversation.

(Afternoon)

I walked down to aonungs den to be surprised by him sitting outside the den.

He stood up when I walked over to the den. "Hey, I was waiting for you" he said and I looked at him confused. "I want to show you something"

He took my hand and I followed him, we walked up the trails and to the wooded area. "Where are we going?" I asked him. "Just wait" aonung answered back.

We soon arrived at a shallow pond area, there were small flowers in the pond that seemed to grow from the pond.

I stared at it in amazement because it was truly beautiful.

"Sit down" aonung said and I looked down to realize he was already sitting.

I sat down next to him and he took my hand. "This use to be mine and rotxo's favorite spot to go" aonung whispered, touching the necklace around his neck.

I looked at him sorrowfully. It must pain him to come back here.

"He told me to only bring people I care about here" aonung smiled at the memories and I squeezed his hand.

"Im really sorry about rotxo" I apologized, pulling him into a hug.

"I miss him Alot" aonung admitted. "But I think I have to learn to continue to walk without him" aonung said.

"Oh aonung, you are not without him" I frowned, stroking his hair. "He walks beside you as a spirit, he is your spirit brother"

Aonung smiled lightly. "Yeah, I guess I'll have to get used to that" aonung sighed, laying his head against my neck.

"But I think I need your help as well"

I smiled, pulling aonung's head up to kiss him lightly.

"I'll always look out for you aonung"

Beautiful babies 😭💕
Word count: 425