pt.55

Aonungs Pov:

It's been around a month since the fight.
Everyday I tried to be better, find something that makes me happy and some days I just couldn't and I needed to just take the day away.

"Aonung!" I heard a voice call as I was pulling the net of fish back up to the beach. Today i was feeling motivated.

"Hey neteyam" I smiled, looking around before giving him a small kiss.

"Need any help?" He asked as I began to pull the net again. I nodded. "Sure, mind pulling the left side for me please" I asked and neteyam nodded, instantly going over to the left side of the net.

"Alright, pull!" I said, tugging on the net the same time neteyam did.

It came free pretty easily, revealing all the beautiful colored fish.

"We'll be eating good tonight" I smiled, high fiving neteyam. "Good job baby" neteyam complimented.

"We should cook lunch for your family and mine" neteyam said and I nodded an okay.

"But let's get some extra help cooking" I chuckled, kneeling down to start separate the fish into baskets, neteyam began to help, kneeling down right beside me.

"What about Kiri?" He suggested. "I think she needs something to do to get her mind off everything" neteyam explained and I nodded. "Of course, her cooking is amazing" I smiled.

(At neteyam's den)

Aonungs Pov:

"Kiri!" Neteyam called as we set the baskets down on the ground.

The girl soon appeared from behind her room a confused look on her face as she came over to us.

"Would you like to help us make lunch?" Neteyam asked. "It's for both of our families" I added, pointing at the fish me and neteyam decided to take.

The rest was for the tribe.

"Um sure?" Kiri shrugged, walking over to us.

"Let's get cooking!" Neteyam cheered. "Never say that again" Kiri laughed.

"You seem in a better mood" I smiled, taking out the first basket of fish. "Do I?" Kiri asked and both me and neteyam nodded.

"Much brighter and happier" neteyam added.

"Oh, well" Kiri seemed to trail off. "I do have something to say"

Both me and neteyam exchanged confused looks before giving the confused looks to Kiri.

She smiled sheepishly.

"I think you guys are the best na'vi to trust" Kiri told us. "But please don't tell anyone else!" She added, beckoning neteyam closer.

"I'm pregnant" Kiri said, resting her hand on her stomach.

My jaw instantly dropped open. "Your joking!?" Neteyam practically screamed.

But I quickly believed her, stepping closer. "Is it his?" I asked and she nodded knowing exactly who I was talking about.

"Kiri, no way" neteyam said, touching her shoulder. "Who's the father?" He asked obviously not catching on.

Kiri laughed as tears formed in her eyes. "Rotxo is" she smiled.

Neteyam instantly pulled her into a hug. "Oh my eywa Kiri!" He almost screamed. "I'm so happy for you!"

I smiled seeing their bond.

Neteyam pulled away first. "Wait but how are the parents gonna react?" He asked and I could see Kiri frowned. "I don't know thats why I didn't tell them yet" Kiri explained.

I nodded I. Understandment. "We won't tell anyone" I said, looking over to neteyam.

"How did you find out?" Neteyam asked curiously.

"Ronal knows" Kiri said. "She is in fact very good at keeping secrets"

"That sounds like my mom" I shrugged and neteyam giggled.

"Yeah, I was feeling weird so I went to Ronal. We we're both really confused until a couple weeks later the baby kicked" kiri said, touching her stomach again.

"That's when Ronal figured it out"

"How often does the baby kick?" I asked and Kiri took my hand, laying it against her stomach.

I felt a tiny hit on the palm of my hand and I felt surprised.

"The baby's always kicking" Kiri chuckled as I switched places with neteyam.

"Their a fight" I smiled.

Rotxo will live on.

Ngl I kinda wanted to cry writing this.
Also I feel like rotxo resembles like a 🐧 and Kiri is like a 🦢 it just feels like it fits them so well if they were birds.
Word count: 700