pt.8

Aonung's Pov:

It had been a boring week, the only fun thing about it was when neteyam would eat dinner with me.

I wasn't supposed to like him and I think I was starting to let my guard down around him.

But I can't do that.

I shouldn't be doing that.

I try to ignore him Alot but he keeps on trying. He's really nice and that's what I'm scared of.

"Aonung!" I heard a voice shout, making me jump. I turned around to see neteyam and rotxo making their way over to me, the two had seemed to be getting closer and for some reason it made me mad.

Rotxo was supposed to be my best friend.

"Wanna come hunting with us" neteyam smiled, pointing behind him to the beach. I thought about it for a moment before nodding my head. "Sure I'll go"

Neteyam seemed very happy by my decision.

We walked to the beach we're all the others we're, antohi was the first to geet us, she grabbed neteyam's hand and for some reason it made me frown.

"Hey aonung!" She greeted me with a smile. "I'm happy your coming on the hunt!"

Why is she always so happy?

--time skip.

Aonung's Pov:

We made it back to the beach before the sun started to set, everyone seemed pleased with the catch.

I jumped off my ilu, splashing into the water. "Wait up aonung!" I heard neteyam shout, I turned to face the water as neteyam quickly struggled to get his leg off the ilu before running to me.

"Let's eat dinner again today" neteyam smiled, touching my arm. I almost let him fool me before I moved away from him.

I'm not letting my guard down.

"Sorry neteyam, not Tonight" I said, I could see him instantly frown and it made me want to change my mind. No he's playing you!

"Well I got to go" I mumbled awkwardly as the rest of the group started to pile onto the beach, neteyam's frown didn't leave his face. "Okay see ya" he mumbled, turning back to the others.

Don't do that to me. I thought watching him slump over to his siblings.

He's doing this on purpose. I reminded myself. He's trying to humiliate you.

I walked back to my den in silence, letting my thoughts drone out the noise. (Emo)

My mom in the den, she seemed to be weaving. "Hey mom" I greeted and she looked up from her work but said nothing.

I didn't know what to do so I paced around the living room, watching as my mom worked or looking at something else.

"Aonung calm down" I heard my mom say and I instantly paused. Did I annoy her?

"Sorry mom" I said, going to my side of the den. Why am I so anxious right now. I wonder, slapping my head.

I should have said yes to neteyam. and I instantly tried to push that thought away.

I really wanted to see neteyam...

Word count: 505