pt.98

Aonungs Pov:

I woke up curled in neteyam's arms, I sat up slightly, careful not to wake him.

I rubbed my eyes before fixing my hair that was completely messed up out of its bun.

"Aonung" neteyam mumbled, his arms snaking around my waist and his head at my hip.

"Morning neteyam" I smiled, touching the top of his head. "No, I want to stay here it's warm!" Neteyam whined and I chuckled.

"I have tasks to do come on and get up" I told him and he groaned raising his head to look at me. "can't someone else do it?" He grumbled and I shook my head.

"Come on sleepy" I said, standing up as his arms dropped from my waist. "I don't see why you have to get up so early" he frowned, rubbing his face.

"Because I'm Olo'eyktan and it's my job to take care of the clan" I told him and he side-eyed me.

"So mature" he laughed and I hit his shoulder lightly. "Come on, you can do my tasks with me if you like" I offered.

"Oh so now your trying to get me to do your work?" Neteyam smile, raising an eyebrow.

"No I'm trying to get you to help" I told him, giving him a fake stern voice.

"Fine fine" neteyam sighed, standing to his feet. "Let's get going great Olo'eyktan" neteyam chuckled and now it was my turn to side-eye him.

We left the pod, first seeing lo'ak and tuk who were hiking up the path with some baskets.

"What are you guys doing?" Neteyam asked them, waving at his siblings. "Tsireya requested that we help her collect her medicine" tuk smiled and lo'ak nodded.

"What are you guys doing?" Lo'ak asked, eyeing me and neteyam suspiciously.

"Neteyam is going to help out with some tasks" I told them and the two nodded. "alright catch you guys later" lo'ak said waving.

"Wait! Have you guys seen Kiri and takuk?" Neteyam called out and the two turned back to us.

"Yeah Kiri took takuk to the spirit tree" tuk told us and I could see all three of their eyes land on me.

"To see... Rotxo" tuk seemed hesitant to say his name.

"Come on we should get going" I mumbled to neteyam and he looked at me strangely before waving goodbye to his siblings.

We walked down to the beach to check the overnight catches, some warriors were already down their, going through the nets.

I dismissed one of the younger warriors, taking over his net.

Neteyam kneeled down beside me, picking through the net as well.

"Aonung are you okay?" Neteyam asked. "Why would I not be?" I answered back.

"Your mood just seemed to change after tuk mentioned his name" neteyam mumbled and I sighed, letting go of the net.

"I know he's dead neteyam" I told him looking over at the boy who stared back at me with concern. "It's been five years I am fine"

"You can still grieve even after so long" neteyam whispered and I glared over at him. "I have nothing more to grieve about him so just drop the topic and forget about him" I snapped, having more anger in My voice then intended.

"Sorry" neteyam mumbled as I picked the net back up. "It's okay, I didn't mean to yell" I told him and he nodded.

We went back to going through the net but I could feel the tension in the air.

"We'll have a new warrior soon" I told neteyam trying to lighten the mood. "Really? Thats cool" neteyam said and I nodded.

"Her name is utwayan" I mumbled and neteyam nodded to my words.

"When do you think she'll become a warrior?" Neteyam asked me and I shrugged. "Tsireya is the only one left to decide as Tsahìk" I said.

"She is still interpreting the will of eywa for utwayan" I explained. "Hm" neteyam hummed.

And we went back to picking out the fish.

Sorry I haven't posted in so long, I had surgery but I'm making a great recovery and should be all better in a week or two! Thank you for your patience 🧡
Word count: 702