pt.84

Aonungs Pov:

I sat with neteyam and antohi.

Neteyam squeezed my hand reassuringly as I spoke. "Antohi, I think it's time maskwa became a warrior" I told her.

Antohi smiled lightly. "I was starting to wonder when you would come around" she said.

"I think he is ready too" antohi nodded, giving her approval.

I gave a quick nod. "Good, tsireya has already approved as well" I told antohi and she nodded.

"We could hold the ceremony tonight" antohi suggested and I glanced over at neteyam.

He smiled softly, squeezing my hand again before I turned back to antohi.

"Alright, Tonight we'll do it"

-

"You could have gave me a little more time to prepare for this!" Tsireya huffed, laying out all her stuff.

I rolled my eyes, bouncing takuk onto my left hip as neteyam came to stand next to me.

"Everything else is ready, there won't be to much to do" neteyam said and i nodded smiling at him.

"Want me to take takuk from you?" Neteyam offered, holding his hands out.

I nodded gratefully. "My arms we're starting to get tired" I laughed, handing takuk to neteyam.

"Looks like a warrior ceremony isn't the only ceremony I'll be having" tsireya muttered under her breath.

"I heard that!" I hissed glaring over at tsireya and she held her hands up in defense.

Neteyam just laughed shaking his head as he rocked takuk back and forth.

"You should wake him up, Kiri will be back with his outfit soon" I told neteyam and he nodded.

"Takuk" neteyam said, softly shaking the sleeping boy.

Takuk's eyes fluttered open and he stared back at me and neteyam.

"Mama will be back with your outfit soon so you gotta get up" neteyam said, setting him on the ground.

And just like that Kiri appeared at the den entrance.

"Sorry I took so long" Kiri huffed. "Takuk made a mess and it's was hard to find stuff" she sighed, walking over to her son and picking him up.

I nodded in understandment. "I should go get changed now" I whispered to neteyam and he nodded as I walked back to my room.

I put on the traditional Olo'eyktan ceremony clothing and tied up half of my hair, leaving some to hang low on my neck.

I picked up my necklace off my stand that seemed to just sit there for decades.

But this necklace was special.

It was rotxo's necklace.

I slowly placed it around my neck, feeling tears brim at my eyes but i wiped my tears out of my eyes.

Rotxo wouldn't want me to cry for him. He'd want me to be happy.

You'll find peace.

I sighed, running my hand over the necklace for a second before deciding to rejoin the others.

I walked out of my room and a round of applause came up.

I smiled lightly seeing them all clapping for me, lo'ak was even in the den now.

"Looking good aonung" he said, giving me a thumbs up and I nodded to him.

Neteyam came up to me smiling at me. "You look beautiful" he said and I took both of his hands.

I see you.
I wanted to say.

But instead I gave him a soft smile before pulling away.

"We should get going to the ceremony now" I told the others and they nodded following me.

The ceremony would be a surprise for maskwa, I had nìayoeng and antohi go and get him to bring him here.

"Mom and dad would be proud of you" tsireya whispered as we stood in the center clearing.

I smiled over at her. "They'd be proud of you too" I told her and she nodded slowly before looking back at the crowd.

It soon separated as nìayoeng and antohi guided maskwa over to us, he gave us a very confused look.

I smiled, seeing Yona, maskwa's older brother bouncing eagerly in the the front of the crowd, tuk stood beside him looking like she was about to explode.

"Maskwa, step forward" tsireya said as she too stepped forward.

"Eywa has shown you great things" tsireya told the boy. "You have learned much from not only your people but her too"

Maskwa looked over at me, confusion placed all over his face.

Tsireya glanced back over at me, signaling for my time to speak.

"Maskwa, you have shown great honor to your tribe, you are strong, swift but also true" I told the boy.

"You are true to your people as much your true to yourself"

Maskwa seemed to piece everything together and he stared up at me eagerly.

"I know you will be a great warrior, but it is up to you to prove that" I smiled down at him and he smiled back just as Happy.

"Thank you Olo'eyktan, Tsahìk" maskwa said, signaling 'i see you'

"But don't I have to prove I'm a warrior?" He whispered to me. "Like riding a skimwing and stuff?"

I shook my head lightly. "You already proved all the stuff" I told him and his bright smile returned.

I should have done this a long time ago.

A little sweet chapter for you, enjoy ☺️
Word count: 867