pt.81

Aonungs Pov:

I could see the fear brighten in nìayoeng's eyes as his hands wrapped around my wrists. "Aonung let go" he said firmly but I could still hear the fear in his voice.

I dropped his necklaces and he back away.

I didn't mean to.

But I couldn't tell him that. I was Olo'eyktan now I had to be tough.

"No warrior duties for a month, you will assist the elders and children" I told him before turning around and leaving him there.

I need to find neteyam.

It wasn't hard to find him, he was at his den with Kiri, lo'ak, and takuk.

He stood up and walked over to me as I entered the den. "Aonung are you alright?" He asked sweetly and I felt my heart melt.

I sighed shaking my head and he looked at me worriedly before taking my hand a guiding me out of the den.

We left for the wooded area just like when we were kids.

"What's going on?" He asked turning back to me with a sad expression I felt like crying so I covered my face.

"Eywa I'm such a bad Olo'eyktan" I whispered, slowly sitting down and neteyam followed me.

"No, aonung don't tell yourself that!" Neteyam said, resting his hand on my shoulder.

"But I am!" I said, flailing my arms. "I'm a coward!" I said angrily, hitting the ground beneath me.

"No!" Neteyam said back. "You did not know this would happen" neteyam said soothingly.

"It's not just that" I frowned, pushing his hand away.

Neteyam gave me a dad and confused look and I felt my heart break. "What is wrong then ma' aonung?"

It was comforting hearing the nickname but I shouldn't be comforted now. I was a horrible leader.

Nìayoeng was right.

"I can't do this neteyam" I said, covering my face again and I felt his hand wrap around my wrist. "I'm so scared" I admitted.

"And that's not fair to them"

"You are still young aonung, you will learn" neteyam told me but I shook my head.

"I can't keep maskwa in the dark" I said, repeating nìayoeng's words. "I can't hide him away forever"

"And that's okay aonung" neteyam told me, rubbing my leg. "You can let him go aonung"

"But I want to protect him!" I exclaimed, feeling tears brim at my eyes. "He's to much like him I don't want to lose him to!"

I felt neteyam's hand stop rubbing my leg and I looked up to see him staring at me with a sympathetic look.

"Rotxo wouldn't have wanted you to live like this, he'd want you to be the amazing Olo'eyktan you always dreamed about" neteyam told me.

"Rotxo is with you aonung. He will always be with you" neteyam said firmly, touching my face.

I nodded slowly. "It's just hard to let go" i whispered.

"You don't have to let go" neteyam told me, rubbing his thumb on my cheek. "But you are aloud to heal"

I nodded again, slowly pulling him into a hug he wrapped his arms around my neck.

"It's okay ma' aonung" neteyam said soothingly.

"I'll make him a warrior" I whispered to neteyam. "And I'll talk to nìayoeng"

"Do what you need to do aonung" neteyam said.

"You are Olo'eyktan"

Crying 😭
Word count: 555