pt.53

Neteyam's Pov:

There wasn't much I could do to sooth aonung's heart. In fact I couldn't even help kiri.

They both seemed so gone lately and it was tearing me apart.

I interlocked my hand with aonungs as we walked down the trails, he showed no sign of even acknowledging me. Now lately it was like he was a body with no soul.

"The sky is pretty tonight" I said trying to get a conversation out of him, but he didn't answer. "Aonung?" I called out his name making him snap back into reality.

When he looked at me he looked tired and worn out.

"What did you say?" he asked, even his eyes were filled with sadness.

I frowned a little. "Uh.. I asked if you wanted to go back and rest?" I said not bothering to try the conversation anymore.

"Oh, yeah sure" aonung mumbled, taking his hand back I missed the touch.

We walked back to the dens. I couldn't help but notice how unhealthy aonung as been looking lately. "Would you like to eat something?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Okay I can get water for us" I smiled at him as we walked inside the den, he looked at me with a cold lifeless face. "No thanks" he mumbled.

"Oh, okay then sleep it is" I said, trying to seem happy for him, because maybe then he would smile.

"Can you just go away" he asked and I felt a bit hurt by how cold his voice sounded.

But I couldn't act like that. He had just lost someone close to him so I couldn't be mad or sad with aonung.

"Oh, alright. Night aonung" I forced a smile, waving goodbye to which it was not returned.

I walked out of the den feeling my tail and ears lower. It's fine. He's just hurting you don't need to be upset.

I'll try to talk to him again tomorrow.

(The next day)

Neteyam's Pov:

I skipped into aonung's den, seeing Ronal and tsireya first. "Morning!" I smiled brightly at them and Ronal nodded my way while tsireya waved.

"Aonungs in his room" ronal said, knowing thats who I was here for. I nodded making my way over to his room.

His curtain was closed so I knocked on the side of the wood frame.

"Who is it?" I heard his voice ask. "It's neteyam" I said, waiting for the curtain to open.

It did, I was met with a very tired looking aonung. "What are you doing here?" He asked, looking down so our eyes wouldn't meet.

"Looking for you!" I smiled. "Oh, well you found me" aonung shrugged. "You can go home now"

I frowned a bit. "No, I meant that I wanted to hang out with you" I said, forcing a laugh.

"Oh well now's not really a good time" aonung shrugged, stepping away from me. "So you should leave"

There's never a 'good time' now days.

"Oh, alright. See ya then" I shrugged. "Good morning as well!" I smiled at him, trying to not seem upset.

"Okay" aonung shrugged and I felt a little hurt again.

Why does he keep pushing me away?

Guys I won't have my phone for a while so I won't be able to update Alot!
Word count: 553