pt.89

Aonungs Pov:

I woke up curled up in neteyam's arms, who was still asleep and softly snoring.

It felt warm and cozy being next to him so I laid there for a bit soaking it in.

But eventually I have to get up so I carefully moved up off him, trying not to wake him up but with no luck his eyes fluttered open.

"Hey babe" I smiled and he smiled softly back. "How early is it?" He asked, yawning and stretching.

"You can go back to sleep, I just have to go check on everything" I told him, placing my necklaces back on.

"Mhh, yeah I'll sleep a bit more" neteyam sighed, flipping on his side and closing his eyes.

I smiled kissing his forehead. "I'll see you in a bit" I told him and his head nodded.

I quietly left the pod, stepping outside into the sunshine.

It was a warm day out.

First I went to go check the beach to see how the fishing was going and chat with the hunters and divers about patrolling and the morning catch.

Maskwa was amoungst them.

"How was your first hunt as an official warrior?" I asked him and he smiled eagerly. "It was awesome!" He exclaimed. "I mean it's kinda of like being in training but I just feel way more grown up!"

I chuckled at him. "Good I'm glad your enjoying it" and maskwa nodded.

"Well I should be checking on the teachers, I'll see you later maskwa" I said, greeting my goodbyes as I left to go find the teacher and the children.

Tsireya was teaching them today, they were painting little creatures as she told them about eywa and the life she gives us.

My sister smiled to me as a came in. "Teaching them the old classics huh?" I asked and she nodded. "I'll teach them about our hunting, diving, and medicine tomorrow" tsireya told me and I nodded in agreement.

"Everything going good in here?" I asked and she nodded. "Yes, they are very calm today" tsireya smiled, her head turning to a little girl who came up to show off her painting.

"This is beautiful" tsireya smiled at the young girl. "It's an ilu!" She cheered and tsireya clapped for her and the little girl ran to go paint another.

"Y'know, I talked with Kiri" tsireya said, staring a new conversation. "Mhm" I hummed. "And I was thinking that me and you can put takuk into class and teach him about our ways" tsireya explained.

"What did Kiri say?" I asked, looking at my sister. "She said she would be more than happy if we wanted to" tsireya smiled and I nodded.

"Then we will" I confirmed, thinking about how I could be takuk's first mentor on how to tie the nets to catch fish, how to ride ilu's, everything.

"I should go check in on the elders now" I told tsireya and she nodded. "tell them Tsahìk says hi!" Tsireya called as I was leaving the pod.

I made my way to where a group of the elders were sitting and talking in the grass.

"Hello everyone" I greeted as the all signed 'i see you' and I signed it back.

"It's a nice day out isn't it Olo'eyktan?"  One of the elders asked and I nodded. "It really is" I smiled.

"I love seeing the children out playing and the warriors doing their duties" another elder said. "It makes me feel at home"

I nodded. "It is very beautiful" I told them.

"Also Tsahìk told me to tell you that she said hi" I told them and one of the elders chuckled.

"One day you need to bring her down to have a real conversation with us one on one!" The elder said and I nodded. "I will" I smiled.

"Good."

I greeted my goodbyes with the elders and set back off to neteyam's pod to see if he was awake.

But before I could make it halfway back I was stopped by a warrior. "Hey nìayoeng" I smiled as he walked beside me.

"Hey aonung" he greeted and we walked in silence for a few moments.

"Is there something you need?" I asked him and his mouth opened before he closed it.

"Um.. aonung" nìayoeng seemed hesitant to speak. "There's been talk around the tribe that you and neteyam are together" nìayoeng said and I glanced down at the warrior.

"So?" I asked him and his eyes widened. "I was just asking to make sure! Nothing wrong with you and neteyam" he smiled and I smiled back.

We kept walking for a bit before nìayoeng spoke. "So when will you make it official official?" He asked and I chuckled a bit.

"When we're ready" I told him and he nodded.

"Okay! I won't say anything until then!" Nìayoeng promised and I smiled at the boy.

Y'all should give me ideas and suggestions for the next chapters because I'm running out of ideas 🤗
Word count: 837