pt.50

Aonung's pov:

I rushed around the ship, it was dark and like a maze. I hated it.

I pushed open a door. Seeing a broken window I let out a huge sigh of relief. I rushed to the window looking out the drop wasn't that far but my ilu wouldn't be able to hear me at all.

I scanned the waters looking for something, anything that could get me out of this ship.

Rotxo. I spotted the boy and his ilu racing threw the waters close by, I let out a loud yip of help, catching his attention imminently his ilu ducked under the water, covering from the bullets as he raced to me.

"Aonung!" Rotxo screamed, his voice sounding faint as I carefully tried to get out of the window, the broken glass cutting my hands and legs before I jumped out of the ship.

My hands flailing as I hit the water before I quickly raised wasting no time, I grabbed onto my spear that was floating in the water before rotxo grabbed onto my wrist, helping me up on his ilu. "Shit, your bleeding aonung!" Rotxo, said worriedly, trying to take cover as more bullets fired.

"I'll be fine!" I snapped. "Just go go!"

Rotxo nodded his ilu diving in the water as more shots were fired at us, the ilu jerked to the side trying to avoid the bullets before arising back up the the surface, we we're gaining distance from the ship that was now on fire.

The ilu dived back into the water as we raced to the camp. The ilu chirped panicking in the water before it pulled away. I felt confused. The shore is the other way.

We were back to moving sideways before the ilu pulled, swimming near a rock as rotxo slumped down.

"What's wrong!?" I hissed and confusion. "I-im hit." Rotxo stuttered and I felt my heart drop.

"No, no! Dude!" I rushed, getting off the ilu and trying to help him onto the rock, there was a bullet hole Peirced through his side. "Hold on rotxo!" I cried out, laying him down on the rock before pressing on the wound.

He let out a low groan squeezing his eyes shut. "Aonung... It hurts" I could see the tears falling from his eyes. "I know bro, I know" I whispered, squeezing one of his hands.

Rotxo leaned his head up looking at my bloody hands before resting his head back down. "Oh eywa! I'm going to die.." he whispered, squeezing my hand tighter.

"No! No man you'll be fine!" I promised, my tears falling down onto his chest.

His body spazzed and he let out a cry. "Shit! It hurts!" He sobbed and I leaned my head down on his chest.

"I'm sorry!" I cried. "I'm so sorry"

"Aonung... I don't want to die" rotxo whispered, his hand resting on my head.

I couldn't answer him, I just couldn't tell him he was going to die.

"Please don't go" I whispered. "I need you. I need my brother" I sobbed. "I'm not going anywhere" rotxo promised, coughing.

"Oh, shit this really hurts" rotxo grunted and I lifted my head, my hand was still on his bleeding wound.

"Dont cry aonung" rotxo whispered, his hand let go of mine. "Please don't leave me bro" I begged.

Rotxo smiled. "I'll never leave you" he promised. "Your my brother"

I laid my head back down on his chest, letting my hand slip off the wound.

"Hey rotxo" I asked and he hummed in response, I could hear his harsh breathing. "I wanted you to know that I found someone" I whispered, looking up at his face to see his smile.

"I know aonung." Rotxo smiled. "I'm your brother you couldn't hide things from me"

I laughed, interlocking our hands. "Your my spirit brother rotxo" I told him.

Rotxo let out a loud groan and I lifted my head in worry. "You gotta do the honors Aonung" rotxo said, pulling his knife up. I shook my head violently. "I can't rotxo, I can't!"

"You must!" Rotxo pleaded.

His hands carefully reached up to his neck, undoing his necklace before taking my hand and placing the necklace in it.

"Brother to a brother" rotxo whispered.

I let out a broken sob, bringing the knife closer to him.

"What about kiri?" I asked him, knowing he had loved the girl. His face saddened.

"Tell her I love her" he smiled and I nodded, the knife brushing his side.

"Brother to a brother" I let out a large sigh, looking into his eyes. The life in his eyes was slowly coming to an end.

"Brother to a brother" he nodded, smiling as he touch my wrist.

I stabbed the knife into him, seeing his eyes widen before the life was completely gone and everything was blank.

I looked down at the necklace he gave me. His song cord.

I laid my head down on his chest that no longer rose or fell. It stayed silent.

And I began to cry.

I'm so sorry 😭 please forgive me 🙏
Word count: 856