pt.42

Neteyam:

It was the afternoon, after a long hunt with my siblings and the three metkayina teens I decided to head home and rest up for the party.

I slowly closed my eyes after staring at the wall for a good ten minutes.

"Neteyam!" I heard a voice shout but it was dark and the voice sounded far. "Neteyam hurry!" The voice hissed again and suddenly I was back in the clearing. I knew who was calling for me. "Tsu'tey?" I said, meeting the na'vi's eyes. They looked alarmed and full of fear.

"The boy!" Tsu'tey said urgently and I looked at him confused. "Who?"

"Aonung!" Tsu'tey rushed. "You must hurry, warn him there isn't much time left!" Tsu'tey said, worriedly looking around. "What?" I said confused but concerned. "What do I need to warn him about?" I asked.

"His spirit brother!" Tsu'tey whispered, grabbing my shoulders. "Is marked for death"

I felt shocked. "How much time do I have?" I asked tsu'tey he opened his mouth to speak but all I could hear was someone yelling my name but it wasn't tsu'tey's voice.

"Neteyam!" Kiri hissed, shoving my awake. I jumped sitting up fast. "Damn, you have a night mare or something?" She laughed at me.

I took a deep breath in.

"Hey we're getting ready for the party" Kiri told me, waving her hand Infront of my face. I nodded slowly and Kiri left my room.

I needed to tell aonung his spirit brother was in danger.

--time skip.

Neteyam's Pov:

At the party I couldn't stop fidgeting. I couldn't find the right time to tell aonung what I was told. Would he even believe me?

"What's bothering you?" I heard a voice beside me ask and I turned to see antohi.

"Nothing" I muttered. I hadn't talked to her in a while. "Okay" antohi simply shrugged. She wasn't going to pester me?

"You talk to aonung at all?" She asked me and for a second I thought she knew about my dream but I reminded myself she knew about my crush on him. "Not yet no" I told her and she snorted.

"Go talk to him!" She said, pushing my arm. "Instead of moping around, this is a party" antohi smiled.

I frowned a bit. "Na I think I'll stay here and keep you company" I nodded. "No. Go have fun" antohi laughed. "This is fun!" I defended.

Antohi shook her head. "No way"

"Fine, fine!" I said holding up my hands. "I'm leaving"

"Go get em neteyam!" Antohi cheered pumping her fist in the air.

I laughed Rolling my eyes playfully.

I found rotxo a few minutes later, him and my brother we're challenging each other (again)

"Have you guys seen aonung?" I asked as rotxo balance his drink on his forehead. Lo'ak must have taught him that. "Yeah bro, he went with tsireya" rotxo told me, his cup falling off his head. "Aww man"

Lo'ak laughed at his fail before pouring him another drink.

"Do you know where tsireya is then?" I asked him. "Huh? Oh, no" rotxo said shaking his head. I turned to lo'ak for answers but he was chugging a drink while rotxo cheered him on.

Weirdos. I left them there setting off to go find aonung or tsireya.

Instead I bumped into Kiri and tuk. "Oh, neteyam!" She smiled, tuk holding her hand and tugging on her. "Have you seen mom?" Kiri asked. "Tuk wants to go home"

I shook my head. "Sorry sis I haven't" and Kiri nodded as tuk tried to pull her. "Have you seen tsireya or aonung?" I asked Kiri. She nodded. "yeah, their over by the fire" kiri said pointing in the direction behind her.

"Thank you" I smiled, we parted our ways and I spotted tsireya and aonung talking together at the campfire. "Hey" aonung greeted when he saw me, he scooted over to make room on the bench for me. "Rotxo and lo'ak are chugging drinks" I laughed, sitting down.

"Your taking lo'ak home not me" tsireya said to me holding her hands up in defense. "Na I'll make him walk home" I shrugged and aonung smiled.

I need to tell him.

I apologize that the next few chapters might be sad they might not be you'll find out 🤷
Word count: 720 🧍🏻