2. Dream To Me

Olivia Baker

Olivia's eyes fluttered open, only to be met with the brightest sun. She carefully sat up in confusion, surveying the scene around her. Olivia was welcomed to a view of the crisp ocean and variety of trees. She found herself standing on the beach, her soles sinking into the warm sand.

Her eyes glanced around as she wondered why she'd been standing in the sand alone. 

"You must be lookin' for me?" a familiar voice inquired and her heart nearly pounded out of her chest. Her eyes connected with his. The one and only person she would ever love.

"Spencer!" she screamed as she ran towards him, leaping into his arms. "Is this real? Please tell me this is real right now?" she questioned as tears streamed down her face.

"I'm here with you right now" Spencer chuckled as he grabbed her face. "I'm sorry for leaving the way that I did...just know that I didn't want to leave" he rubbed his thumb against her cheek.

"I can't live without you Spencer" Olivia told him truthfully. "I don't want to live without you" she cried, resting her head on his chest.

Spencer wrapped his arms around her as he pecked the top of her forehead.

"I know it hurts...I know it do, baby. It hurt me to leave y'all. But you've got the kids to live for...y'all gone pull through this. I need you to hold it down for me on the other side...ride for me. Be the strong one I know you to be..." Spencer said as he cherished her body against his. "Hell I wouldn't have married you if it were the opposite" he chuckled.

"I love you so much" Olivia glanced up at him, holding onto him as tight as she could.

"I love you too" Spencer's eyes locked with hers. The couple stood with their arms wrapped around one another, gazing at the ocean ahead of them.

"So this is what paradise is like?" Olivia inquired and Spencer nodded his head. "I know this only just a dream, but I hope I get to see you here every night" she said truthfully.

"I know, baby" Spencer pecked her lips. "Dreams come and go though. You might see me one night and the next night you won't. But I want you to know that I will always be with you and the kids. Right here" he told her, pointing in her heart.

"So this is it? This is goodbye?" she sniffled.

"This isn't a goodbye" Spencer grabbed both of her hands, pecking them. "It's a see you later. And I'll be waiting for you right here on this warm beach. We can both enjoy the ocean views together" he assured her, a tear twinkling in his eyes.

"I love you so much" Olivia told him.

"I love you too baby" Spencer kissed her one last time and let go of her hands. "Give the kids my love. Maybe the next time we see each other, you'll tell me what we're having" he said and she nodded her head.

Olivia watched as he turned away from her and began his journey down the coast of the sandy beach. Spencer turned to glance at his wife once more, waving goodbye to her.

"Goodbye, baby" Olivia waved as tears cascaded down her cheeks.

"Olivia..." Jordan whispered to his sister. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, glancing at her brother in confusion. 

It was just a dream.

"She's awake!" Jordan notified the nurses as he rushed towards the hallways. 

It took Olivia a moment to process she was laying down in a the hospital bed. "Jordan...what happened?" her voice croaked and she gently sat up in the bed.

"You passed out and hit your head after the doctor delivered the news about Spencer" Jordan explained with a saddened look on his face. 

The nurses then came in to check on Olivia and to give her an update on her vitals. Though nothing they said resonated with her. Everything went in one ear and out the other. 

"Did you hear what they said?" Jordan inquired as the nurses left. He frowned as he noticed how silent his sister had been. "I'm...I'm so sorry about all of this Olivia. Neither of you deserved this...hell no one did" he said.

"Jordan, Spencer's not dead" Olivia said as she removed herself from the hospital bed. "This is all just...one huge misunderstanding" she convinced herself as grabbed her purse.

"Olivia I don't think it's best for you to be moving right now" Jordan watched as she put her shoes on. "You should be resting" he told her.

"I'm going to get the kids and we're going to go to see Spencer at his store" Olivia said as she reached for her phone.

"Olivia..." Jordan walked in front of her so she wouldn't leave. "Liv...Spencer...he's gone" he said in a calm tone.

"Jordan, he's not dead" Olivia corrected, refusing to believe what she had heard. "Now I need you to step out of my way, please" she said as she could feel the tears threatening to escape her eyes.  

"Olivia" Jordan sighed as she brushed past him. He then turned around and gently grabbed her arm.

"Jordan, what are you doing?!" Olivia snapped at him. "I need you to get your hand off of me, so I can go see Spencer!" she shook his hand off of her arm. 

She headed towards the door and Jordan reached for her again.

"Liv-"

"Let me go, Jordan!" Olivia screamed as she tried to fight him. "Let me fucking go!" she screamed as her eyes filled with tears. Olivia had gave up fighting him off of her. 

"He's gone, Olivia!" Jordan held both of her shoulders with his hands. "He's gone!" he repeated as tears cascaded down his cheeks.

"No!" she collapsed into his arms, weeping loudly. 

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry" Jordan held onto his sister tightly as the both of them slid onto the ground. There were not enough words to describe the amount of pain he felt for her sister and her children. 

***

After spending hours filling out paperwork and other important documents, the family returned home. To be in complete shock would be an understatement. Olivia could not physically process the thought of her lover and the father of their children being gone. Her chest tightened as she knew she would have to explain to Angel, Spencer's two year old daughter, where her father went.

Olivia stared at the bed she and Spencer shared. She never thought the moment they shared in the bed that morning would be their last. She found herself laying on Spencer's side, clutching onto the pillow he'd sleep on, as she let out painful cries.

Her moment of grief was soon disrupted by the ringing of her phone. She furrowed her eyebrows as she read the number on her phone. Without hesitation, she answered, ready to curse out whoever had been calling her.

"Who the fuck are-"

"Liv..." the familiar voice said and her heart dropped. "Olivia...baby...it's me..." Spencer said and she quickly dropped the phone.

***

Now I know y'all didn't think I would actually kill Spencer? I may be a lot of things but crazy isn't one of them. Anyway, I am sorry for the delay in posting the second chapter. I've had a lot of unexpected things happen within the past two days. I am currently battling a cold, so I haven't had any energy to type. But anyway, I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Please excuse any mistakes.