59. Date Night

Spencer James

"Thank you" Spencer said as he closed the door to their home. He hadn't stopped smiling all night. Spencer truly enjoyed his outing with his wife, as they hadn't had much time to themselves recently.

"What are you thanking me for?" Olivia raised an eyebrow, turning towards him. "I should be thanking you...tonight was amazing...and much needed" she smiled at him.

"I thank you for this night out...I enjoyed my time with you. Also, I know seeing Simone and Jordan tonight bothered you a bit" Spencer began and Olivia nodded her head. "So I thank you for staying out of whatever they have going on and focusing on us" he added.

"I wasn't going to let that ruin our outing" Olivia told him. "But...I can't help but feel annoyed by it. I mean, just a few weeks ago Simone blamed me for why her and Darius were having issues. Her excuse was because of me as if I can control the fact that Jordan and I are siblings. She claimed she was trying to move on from him and now she's out having dinner with him? She said she wanted space from me because of that" she shook her head, crossing her arms.

"Baby, you know Simone meant nothin' about what she said. She didn't like what you had to say about her situation wit' D. And rather taking responsibility she placed the blame on you. She know she wrong about that shit" Spencer watched as Olivia removed her heels. "She owe you an apology, real talk" he added.

"You're not wrong. But I guess we'll see what's going to happen" Olivia heaved a sigh. "Anyway...I don't want to spend the rest of our night talking about this" she said and Spencer agreed.

"I get it. What chu wanna do though?" Spencer inquired as he removed his shoes. "I was thinkin' we could keep it chill and just watch a movie" he suggested, watching as Olivia stepped closer to him.

"Or...we could something a bit more fun" Olivia smirked, glancing at him.

"Mmh...and what is that?" Spencer's eyes followed hers.

"Wait in the living room for me...I'll be right back" Olivia smiled as she rushed through the foyer and towards the stairs.

"This gon' be good" Spencer rubbed his hands together as he entered the living room. 

As he waited for Olivia to return, he decided to scroll on his personal Instagram account. Though he wasn't big on social media itself, he always took the opportunity to promote his business. After posting promo on his story, he began to look through his notifications. Spencer's eyes suddenly narrowed as he noticed a familiar person began to follow his account.

"I know that ain't who I think it is" Spencer clicked on the profile. "And I was right" he sighed to himself.

"Babe!" Olivia called for Spencer and he stood to his feet. 

"You tryna give me a heart attack" Spencer said as he found Olivia at the end of the stairs. "Why are you carrying all of these blankets?" he asked as he grabbed some from out of her arms.

"We're building a fort" Olivia said while following Spencer to the living room.

"A fort?" Spencer raised an eyebrow, placing the blankets on their couch.

"Yes! It's going to be fun, babe!" Olivia excitedly stated. "We can get some wine and snacks...and then watch a movie.  This would be our first indoor date in our new home..." she said, hoping he would agree to it.

"Aight...let's do it" Spencer nodded, reaching for a blanket from off of the couch.

"Before we do that, we should move the chairs closer" Olivia suggested as she walked towards one of the chairs. She carefully pushed one of the lounge chairs towards their couch.