53. On and On

Spencer James

*two weeks later*

"The perfect pizza is shared with friends. The end!" Spencer exclaimed as he read Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party to his daughter, Angel. "That's the last one Pops is reading for the night, aight?" he told Angel and she shook her head 'no'.

"One more" Angel held up her index finger. "Peeeeeaaassseee" she begged, hoping he would say 'yes'.

"Baby girl, you gotta go to sleep. You've got school in the morning" Spencer pecked Angel's forehead. "How about when I get home from work tomorrow, I will read to you then. How does that sound?" he inquired as he tucked Angel in her bed.

"Okaaaay" Angel pouted.

"I promise, baby" Spencer pecked her forehead once more. "Can ya Pops get some love?" he asked and Angel nodded her head. She sat up, tightly wrapping her arms around her father's neck.

"I love you Daddy" Angel kissed Spencer's cheek.

"I love you too, baby girl" Spencer gently squeezed her and watched as she laid back in her bed. "You want your night light on?" he asked as he stood to his feet.

"Yes" Angel confirmed as she wrapped herself in her blanket, holding onto her bear. "Daddy?" she called out just before he exited her bedroom.

"Hm?" he glanced at his almost four year old daughter.

"I love you" she repeated with a smile on her face.

"I love you too" Spencer cheesed. "Good night, baby girl" he gently closed the door behind him. He walked past Kross and Halo's bedrooms and both children were asleep in their respective spaces.

Spencer couldn't wait to get comfortable in his bed. Since he started working his regular hours again, he's been a bit more tired than usual. He knew it would be awhile before he adjusts.

"Kiddos are down for the night" Spencer announced as he entered the master suite. He found Olivia laying on her stomach, typing away at her laptop. 

"You sound tired" Olivia paused from typing, glancing at her husband. "Are you sure you want to still watch the movie tonight? I don't mind doing it another time" she suggested and Spencer shook his head 'no'.

"I'ma be aight" he removed his shirt, joining her in their king size bed. "What chu in here workin' on?" he asked, glancing at her laptop screen.

"It's not done yet...but my resume" Olivia replied, her eyes scanning the screen. "It's time I take the skills I've gained and apply them to the real world. Perhaps this time I won't be lifting boxes nor organizing closets" she joked about her previous job.

"If you'd let me help you, you wouldn't have to worry about that" Spencer told her and she playfully rolled her eyes.

"You want me to work with you so bad" Olivia smiled at him.

"I do Spencer agreed. "You could be rackin' up some experience while you're searching for your footing. You majored in business marketing with a minor in fashion. What do you see yourself doing with that?" he inquired.

"I don't want to put myself in one specific box, I believe with the skills I have, I could do just about anything in that field" Olivia told him and he nodded his head. "But I've been thinking about being a merchandise coordinator, creative director, or getting into brand management" she turned towards him, resting her head in her hand.

"Well...I say for now you hone down on one. I'm not sayin' you not capable of accomplishin' all, but pickin' one might be the best option for you in the moment" Spencer advised. "And hopefully while you're workin' wit' me, it'll help you make your decision" he added and Olivia laughed.