22. No Regrets

Spencer James

*one week later*

The sound of an alarm going off disrupted Spencer from his sleep. He slowly opened his eyes, sniffing as he wiped the crust away. After sitting up to stretch his arms, he then reached towards the night stand. He grabbed his phone to shut off the alarm, before briefly glancing at Olivia to ensure she was still asleep.

"Come back over here please" Olivia spoke in a sleepily voice. She smiled as Spencer found himself laying next to her again, draping an arm around her body. "I've missed this babe. Waking up next to you and soaking up some time before our day starts. We hadn't had much time to do so since I started working" she mentioned.

"I know. I love it just as much as you do" Spencer pecked her shoulder. "But now that you're not working we can have as much time as you'd like" he said as his kisses traveled towards her neck.

"Until you have to get ready for work" Olivia mentioned, biting the bottom of her lip.

"I told you I took today and tomorrow off Liv" Spencer reminded her. "Of course I'ma check up on the shop and make sure folks is doin' they job. But other than that...today is about us...and our union. Happy anniversary baby" he watched as she carefully turned her body towards him.

"Happy anniversary" Olivia smiled as his lips captured hers. "I can't believe we've been married for one year already..." her eyes widened as she thought about how much time has passed.

"One year down...a lifetime to go. Unless for some reason you finally decide to leave my crazy ass" Spencer joked and Olivia playfully rolled her eyes.

"Now you know I'm not going anywhere" she grabbed his face and kissed him. Spencer carefully hovered onto her, exploring every part of her mouth with his. The young couple's hands roamed each other's bodies as their tongues intertwined together.

"Hold on" Olivia broke their kiss. "Did you hear that?" she inquired and Spencer's eyebrows furrowed.

"No" Spencer told her and then crashed his lips onto hers.

"Babe" Olivia pulled away from him again. "I know you hear yelling son crying for one of us" she chuckled at Spencer's frustration.

"Aight damn" Spencer sucked his teeth. "We gon' continue this later" he said as he pecked her lips. He removed himself from their bed as he heard the familiar cries coming from their son's bedroom.

"Good morning papa" Spencer's eyes lit up with joy as his son smiled at him. Kross stood on his two feet, reaching up for his father to grab him. Spencer grabbed him from his crib, gently rocking him back and forth.

"Let's get you changed so you can go see ya moms" Spencer said as he laid Kross down in his changing station. "Can't believe you turnin' one in a few weeks" he chuckled.

"One!" Kross held up his index finger and Spencer smiled.

After he finished changing his son, Spencer brought him in the room so he could spend some time with his mom. "Where you at baby?" Spencer called out.

"Bathroom!" Olivia replied and Spencer entered the bathroom with their son. "Hi mommy's baby" she cooed as she reached for their son.

While Olivia and Kross spent time bonding, Spencer returned back to their bedroom and began to make up their bed. He then went to Angel's bedroom and found that she was still sleeping peacefully. Spencer closed her bedroom door and returned back to his room.

"Did you ever have that talk with Damion?" Olivia inquired out of the blue.

"I forgot again, honestly. But I'ma call him this week" Spencer told her. "For today I don't want any distractions...it's just about us" he affirmed and she smiled.