17. Work

Olivia Baker

"And how's the closet coming along?" Christina, Olivia's supervisor inquired. "I am hoping to hear about 50% of it is cleaned out..." she said as the both of them walked through the hallways of the building.

"I can assure you that I have more than 50% of it cleaned out" Olivia watched as Christina unlocked the door to the office space.

"That's good to hear! Good morning everyone!" Christina waved to her staff. "I need this project to be done before the week is over. We're receiving new stock next Monday, so we will need the space cleaned out so that we can organize and reload. And by we...I mean you" she said as she opened the door to the closet.

"Right" Olivia half smiled as she gave a thumbs up.

"Well if you have any questions, you know where to find me" Christina told her. "If I'm not in the office, reach out to Aaron" she waved goodbye to Olivia, exiting the closet.

Olivia heaved a big sigh as she glanced at the work she completed thus far. She was more than proud of what she accomplished, but there was still a long way to go. Olivia had mixed feelings about how she was starting off. Though she knew the job was entry level, she hoped to do more than just organizing closets.

Olivia paused from continuing where she left off as her phone vibrated in her pocket. Spencer had sent her a text message. She smiled to herself as she read his message. He asked if she were interested in going out to dinner tonight with their family.

"Taking a break already?" Olivia's coworker, Michelle, poked her head in the closet. "You just clocked in" she mentioned.

"Oh no..." Olivia's smile faded. "I'm just responding to my husband's text" she stuffed her phone back into her pocket.

"Well I'm sure Christina wouldn't like it if she knew you were on your phone while working" Michelle mentioned and Olivia furrowed her eyebrows.

"Don't worry...it won't happen again" Olivia plastered a fake smile at her.

"Good" Michelle smiled as she walked away from the closet.

Olivia quickly pulled her phone back out from her pocket, responding to Spencer's text message. She then continued with her work of removing old items from the shelves of the closet. She separated different colors and textures of fabrics, placing them into boxes.

"Excuse me" a young man knocked on the door. "Do you mind if I come in?" he stood at the entrance of the closet.

"I don't mind" Olivia paused from what she was doing.

"I don't believe we've formally met...I'm Aaron" he introduced himself. "I was told we hired new staff" he mentioned.

"Yes! I'm Olivia!" she introduced herself. The pair quickly shook hands.

"I'm sure Tina's told you about me. So if there's anything you need, I am right down the hall" he pointed to the left of him.

"Thank you so much!" she smiled as he exited the closet. Olivia then grabbed a box of fabric, carefully walking out of the closet.

"Oop wait a minute girl" her coworker, Marquis, immediately grabbed the box from her hands. "Girl you do not need to be lifting this heavy ass box" he told her.

"The box only had fabric in it, Quis. But I appreciate the help" Olivia chuckled. "Tina's been having me organize the closet this week. I have a lot to do before the week is over...and to say it's hard work is an understatement" she continued.

"In my opinion she should've had you start off liasing with different agencies or assisting with fashion editors until you were physically able to do any form of labor" Marquis mentioned, shaking his head.