56. Same Mistake

Olivia Baker

"You're not pregnant" Spencer confirmed and Olivia's eyes widened.

"What?! Let me see!" she grabbed the stick from him, reading the results. "Oh, thank God!" she heaved a sigh of relief, tossing the stick on the counter.

"Congratulations" Spencer chuckled, wrapping his arms around her. 

"Wait you're happy about this?" Olivia inquired as she could see the smile on his face.

"Hell yeah" Spencer pecked her lips. "Of course I'd like to have one more but I know now is not the right time" he explained and she nodded her head.

"I was afraid you'd be disappointed" Olivia stated and Spencer shook his head.

"Nah...I'm good with our little ones for right now. We can definitely revisit that conversation a few years from now" Spencer told her and she agreed. "I know you're against birth control but-"

"I'm going to get on it, I've already decided" Olivia confirmed. "We tend to get a little out of control at times...so it's just the best option for right now. And after we have our last child, you are getting a vasectomy" she told him.

"That's fair...I'll do that" Spencer nodded and she smiled. "But you...you need to take better care of yourself. You've been under stress lately and that's most likely your body reacting to it. I've always told you if the job became too much we can work on rearranging a few things for you" he told her.

"I take care of myself, babe" Olivia wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "If anyone needs to take better care of themself it's you" she laughed. 

"Look I am more than glad to have you on the team, and that you love your position. But I really need you to make sure you prioritize yourself more. Aight?" Spencer reiterated and Olivia nodded her head.

"I want you to take care of yourself too" her eyes followed his.

"Aye you know the grind don't stop cuh. I got hella goals I'm tryna reach" Spencer glanced at her lips. "The money gotta keep flowin'...so we can expand our family in the future. Shit...name our next one after me" he added and Olivia playfully rolled her eyes.

"We are not naming our child after you" Olivia told him. "I need for you to let that go" she laughed, shaking her head at him.

"Baby...you just don't see the vision" Spencer sucked his teeth. "Spencer would be a dope name for a girl" he continued and Olivia removed her arms from him.

"Okay, babe" Olivia reached for his hand. "Let's get back out there...you know we can't leave Jordan and Darius alone for too long" she joked.

"Shit you right, let's go" Spencer agreed. 

***

"Now you know that's not true, y'all!" Simone laughed. "Y'all this man eats more sweets than anybody in this room. Don't let the body fool you, he's a eater for real" she added, glancing at Darius.

"Oh we know, girl" Olivia smirked and Simone's face flushed.

"Good to know that Darius has a sweet tooth. Some of these questions are boring...we should spice it up a bit" Layla spoke up. "So...Olivia and Spencer...what was your first fight as a married couple about?" she inquired, taking a sip of wine.

"Shit what haven't we argued about" Spencer chuckled and Olivia smiled. "As you know Liv had to have an emergency c-section when she was pregnant with Kross. She felt I hadn't been there enough while he was still in the hospital and that both of them were no longer a priority to me. I owed up to it because truthfully I did have other shit going on. But that particular disagreement opened a whole can of feelings she'd felt. I hadn't been doin' my part in our marriage and ultimately she wasn't happy" he explained and Olivia nodded.