18. Reach Them Heights

Spencer James

"So she's like 'Taking a break already?'. Babe it took all of me to not snap on her" Olivia recalled the encounter she shared with her coworker, Michelle. "After I told her I was reading your text she goes, 'Well I'm sure Christina wouldn't like it if she knew you were on your phone while working'" she mocked her coworker's voice.

The young couple were in the process of getting ready for dinner with the family.

"Seem like she gon' be an issue. Maybe she feels threatened by you" Spencer said and Olivia shrugged her shoulders. "Turn around" he told her, rubbing lotion across her back.

"I don't know why she'd feel some type of way about me. We barely know each other and I'm just now starting out" Olivia mentioned. "Plus she's above me in terms of position, she shouldn't worry about her spot getting taken...yet" she continued.

"I'm sure you can do her job better than she can" Spencer chuckled as he placed the lotion back on their dresser.

"I just don't want any problems with her or Christina" Olivia faced her husband. "It's bad enough I'm cleaning closets and moving boxes. I just don't want that to become my only role" she continued.

"It won't be" Spencer assured. "And I still don't think it's fair she's putting all of that on you" he told her, reaching for his pants.

"I'm not the biggest fan of it either truthfully" Olivia admitted. "You know Christina had the nerve to ask if I could work more hours today so that the closet could be ready for tomorrow?" she told him and he paused from putting his pants on.

"She asked you that?" Spencer inquired rhetorically. "Aye I'ma need to have a talk with her. She not finna be overworkin' you and have you go into early labor or some shit" he shook his head.

"I already decided I'm going to talk to her tomorrow" Olivia told him. "I'm going to be honest about how I feel with the work she's given me...and tell her what I will and will not tolerate on the job" she continued.

"She give you a problem you tell me" Spencer said as he put his pants on. "It's gon' get handled" he told her.

"Hopefully it won't have to resort to that point" Olivia stepped into her dress. "I just - oh!" she gasped as she felt a jab in her stomach.

"You aight?" Spencer paused from grabbing his shirt to approach his wife.

"Your daughter is a rough one in there" Olivia gently sat down as she placed a hand on her abdomen. "I'm okay" she assured her worried husband.

"We don't have to go out if you're-"

"I promise you I am okay" she smiled as she reached for his hand. "Baby kicks are completely normal and can feel uncomfortable at times. You remember how active Kross was? I am okay" she told him.

"Aight baby" Spencer pecked the back of her hand. "I can't help but to feel worried for the both of you...you had a dangerous delivery with our son. I just want to make sure you both are good" he expressed.

"And we are. If it were different I'd let you know" Olivia squeezed his hand. "Let's finish getting ready" she carefully stood to her feet as her daughter continued to kick her stomach.

***

"You alright babe?" Olivia inquired as they arrived at the restaurant. "You've been quiet since we've left the house" she mentioned.

"...I've got a lot on my mind right now baby" Spencer placed the car in park. He rested his head against the head rest and closed his eyes.

"Can I hold your hand?" Olivia asked and Spencer nodded his head. She slowly intertwined their fingers, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "...talk to me when you're ready" she said.