51. We Both Know

Spencer James

"I just want to thank you all again for coming to celebrate with me tonight! I hope you all get home safe and I love you dearly!" Olivia announced as her peers and loved ones began to departure her home. "Man...what a night" she smiled as Spencer approached her.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself...I'm glad we were able to celebrate and honor you in the right way. I'm tired as hell though" Spencer chuckled and Olivia agreed. "But...I do have one more gift for you for tonight" he mentioned as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"Could it possibly wait til the morning?" Olivia inquired. "I want to make sure everything here is cleaned up. You know I don't like leaving a mess, babe" she told him.

"You ain't even gotta worry about all that, baby" Spencer began. "I made sure ya moms hired a cleaning crew for the night...and she also agreed to make sure the kids was good while we go out briefly. So...it's okay for you to go out and relax for a bit" he continued.

"Okay" Olivia glanced at his lips. "Let's go see and what else you have more me" she suggested and Spencer smiled.

Just as the couple were about to leave to Baker house, they were briefly stopped by Darius and Devyn.

"We had a good time tonight...thanks for inviting us" Darius said as he and Spencer did their signature handshake. 

"You know you always welcomed...you family foo" Spencer chuckled at his friend.

"Aight...I'll holla at you on Monday. I gotta take Dev home" Darius pointed to his friend and she waved 'goodbye' to Spelivia. "Y'all have a good night" he chunked up the deuces as he glanced around the foyer.

"She not in here bro" Spencer referred to Simone.

"I wasn't even lookin' for shorty" Darius sucked his teeth as he left out of the front door.

"He was definitely lookin' for her" Spencer said and Olivia agreed. "Aight..let's get on outta here" he interlocked their fingers as they exited the home.

"Just the two people we were looking for" Jordan and Simone watched as the couple walked down the pathway. "Where are you two going?" he inquired.

"Going for a test drive in my new car" Olivia smiled at Spencer.

"Damn without us" Simone joked and Spelivia glanced at one another.

"You know...maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea if the two of you joined us" Olivia suggested and Spencer nodded his head.

"It'd be like old times" Spencer added. "Except this time y'all not together" he continued and the ex-lovers furrowed their eyebrows.

"Uh...I'm in if Jordan's in" Simone glanced at him, hoping he'd say 'yes'. She was in need of continuing her fun night, she hadn't enjoyed herself in a hot minute.

"Let's do it then" Jordan gave a half smile. 

"We gotta flick it up for the one time!" Spencer pulled his phone out. "Aye can you take our photo for us?" he asked one of the cleaning crew members. The foursome stood in front of Olivia's car, posing for the camera.

***

"That thang ride smooth, hm baby?" Spencer inquired as he reached for Olivia's hand as she stepped on the sidewalk.

"It sure does" she smiled, waiting for Jordan and Simone to exit the back of the car. 

"I might have to get me one of these" Jordan joked as he helped Simone out of the car. "Watch your step" he said as he closed the door after her.