11. Mercy

Spencer James

"What an amazing view..." Olivia said as she and Spencer glanced at the stars ahead. "I'm glad that we came here, this change in scenery was much needed" she continued. Because they were both limited on what they could do, the young couple decided to spend their night star gazing in the Mexican city.

"You not wrong" Spencer glanced at her. "I wish we could stay here forever" he said as he pulled her closer to him.

"Me too" Olivia smiled as he pecked her cheek. "...is it strange to feel intrigued by space and the stars?" she inquired and he shook his head 'no'.

"Nah" Spencer replied, chuckling at his wife. "In a way...the shit is almost humbling. I'm kind of reminded of how small I am in this universe..." he continued.

"Hell...how small our problems are compared to what's out there" Olivia laughed briefly. "Not to negate our real experiences though" she mentioned and he agreed.

"I know what chu mean" Spencer told her. "To know that there's more out there outside of our human experience is dope. I feel comfort in knowin' that there's life after this life" he continued.

"Beautifully said" Olivia complimented. "I'm just hoping that we will continue to cross paths through various lifetimes" she said after a moment of silence.

"Oh we will. The love between us runs that deep." Spencer said and she smiled.

"Okay baby" she laughed, intertwining their fingers together. "I love that you're serious about this" she cheesed, squeezing his hand.

"I'm serious about you" Spencer affirmed, glancing at their hands. "You bagged and tagged" he pecked the back of her hand.

"Oh please" Olivia playfully rolled her eyes.

"No need to deny it baby. You stuck" Spencer chuckled at her. "But for real Liv, we gotta take more trips in the future. Having alone time with chu strengthens our bond...we always reflect on ourselves and make the adjustments we need" he told her and she agreed.

"So where are we off to next?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Africa" Spencer answered as he stared off into the serene sky. "We for sure goin' to the motherland next" his eyes met with hers and she smiled.

***

"I'm just out here chillin' at Jordan's suite" Spencer said as he showed his Pops the patio. It was the next day and the two young men figured they would enjoy their bro time while the ladies kicked it at the pools.

"How are you and the kids?" he inquired, glancing at Mr. A on FaceTime.

"I just put them down for a nap" Mr. A replied. "Man...I love them babies so much Spence. Thank you for blessing me with them" he said and Spencer smiled.

"I thank you for accepting all of us" Spencer told him. "Thank you for being the father that I needed...I just wish we would've connected sooner in my life. Perhaps things would've been different" he continued and Mr. A agreed.

"Well we have each other now...and that's all that matters" Mr. A told him. "Look you give Olivia my love. I'm about to get started on dinner" he said.

"Aight will do. Bye Pops" Spencer waved goodbye to Mr. A, ending the phone call. He then placed his phone in his pocket, and stood on the patio with his thoughts. To say he was grateful for his life would be an understatement. He was not supposed to be here but he somehow beat the odds.

"You alright Spence?"  Jordan inquired as he poked his out of the sliding door.

"I'm good" Spencer assured. "You got a lighter with chu?" he questioned as he pulled out a rolled blunt from his pocket. Jordan nodded his head and then joined his brother in law on the patio.