45. Pressed?

Spencer James

*three weeks later*

"I gotta stop by the gas station first and then I'ma head home" Spencer informed Darius as he headed towards the front door of his shop. "Aye I'll catch the rest of y'all tomorrow!" he announced to his team as he exited the building.

"Aye Spence! Wait up!" Darius followed from behind. "Have you heard from Simone? I've been tryna get in contact with her but I ain't have any luck" he mentioned to him.

"I ain't heard from her in a few days..." Spencer unlocked his car door. "When's the last time y'all spoke?" he inquired.

"Last night" Darius replied. "It's just strange for me to not hear from her" Darius told him as he checked the time on his phone.

"Maybe we should pull up on her" Spencer suggested. "Just to make sure she straight" he said and Darius nodded his head.

"Yo!" a random man approached Spencer from behind. "You Spencer James?" he questioned and Darius furrowed his eyebrows.

"Nah...my name Chris" Spencer lied, glancing at the man. "Who are you?" he inquired as he noticed the tattoos on the man's face.

"Don't worry bout it...Chris" the man stated. "But my homegirl, Kayla, worked over here. She sayin' this dude, Spencer James, been givin' her a rough time. Tell him I said he needa keep his head on a swivel, if he don't want no issues" he warned and Spencer furrowed his eyebrows.

"Who the fuck you think you talkin' to?" Darius questioned, stepping closer to the man.

"So...you're Spencer?" the man pointed and Darius shook his head 'no'.

"Don't worry about who I am. You playin' wit' fire for real. And from the looks of it, you got no business bein' on this side of town anyway. So I suggest you bounce, unless you tryna get active" he warned, causing Spencer to glance at him.

"Oh so you threat-"

"Aye look!" Spencer's homie, Stone, approached the group. "You heard what he just said, right?! You gotta roll up outta here" he added, glaring at the man.

"Hmm" the man chuckled. "Just tell Spencer I'll see him around" he said as he walked out of the parking lot.

"You know that dude?" Stone questioned, pulling out a blunt from his pocket.

"Hell nah. I don't know that nigga" Spencer said as he unlocked his car. "He got it fucked up thinkin' shit sweet over here" he chuckled.

"Shit I'm surprised he pulled up over here wearin' them colors. He lucky he ain't get in no shit just off of that alone" Stone said as he took a pull from his blunt. 

"Only way he can get away wit' that shit is if he an OG. And based off of his tattoos, my guess is he from 40s" Spencer replied. "I can't believe that broad sent his ass over here tryna start some shit" he opened the driver side of his car.

"She crazy" Darius said and Spencer agreed.

"He seemed to be talkin' heavy though...you gon' need us up over here?" Stone inquired, referring to Spencer's former set. 

"I'ma call up my security team to be on the lookout" Spencer confirmed. "Y'all know I ain't tryna have a bunch of y'all posted up over here. That shit bad for the brand" he mentioned.

"Aight. But if he come over here again, it's gon' be a problem" Stone told him. "You know we got yo back over here" he said and Spencer nodded his head.

"I know. But look, we finna roll...so I'll holla at you another time" Spencer told him, watching as Stone walked away. "Get in the car, D" he said as he hopped in driver side of the car.