37. Truth

Spencer James

"You aight, Darius?" Spencer inquired as he stood up from the ground. He wasn't sure where the shots came from, but thankfully it wasn't in his direction.

"I'm good" Darius stood up, dusting his pants off.

"I'ma see what's goin' on" Spencer glanced at the scene ahead of him. "I need you to check on the customers inside...and just be on the lookout in case some shit pop off" he ordered.

"I'll have Kayla check on everyone inside. It's best I stay out here with you" Darius stated. "We don't need nothin' else happenin' to you" he said.

"Aight...I'ma scope out the car and shit. Just keep yo head on a swivel" Spencer ordered and Darius nodded his head.

Spencer carefully walked towards the car, seeing if he could get a good look inside of it. He then glanced at the building to ensure those who were inside were okay.

"Aye! Don't get too close to the car!" Darius yelled at him but Spencer didn't listen. 

He walked towards the driver side of the vehicle, knocking on the window. Spencer's eyes widened as he recognized the man in the car. There was another male passenger who appeared to be injured from gun shot wounds.

"Damion?" Spencer questioned as he watched him unbuckle his seatbelt. "Sir! You okay?!" he glanced at the other man in the car.

Spencer backed away from the car as Damion opened the door, stepping out in pain. 

"The hell is all of this, Damion?" Spencer questioned while Damion stood to his feet. "Why did the fuck did you crash into these folks' business?" he inquired.

"...I meant...to hit...yours" Damion revealed as he clutched his abdomen in pain. 

"What?!" Spencer's voice boomed.

"You said...you were goin' to give me a job...but gave it to that nigga instead" he pointed in Darius' direction.

"...is this why you been actin' hella weird?" Spencer questioned. "And you weren't even committed to gettin' yo shit together. This is my place of business...this is how I make money to feed my kids. This is my brand. I wasn't just gon' hand shit to you" he explained.

"You ain't even give me... a chance...to show you that I could do it" Damion stated. "You was pose to put yo peoples on" he said as he tried to catch his breath.

"I did, you just ain't make the cut" Spencer confirmed. "But this still ain't a good enough reason for you to do none of this type of shit. Now I'm really startin' to wonder if you was part of what went down at my crib" he stated and Damion just smiled.

"...you clearly not right in the head" Spencer stared at him in disgust. "And now yo dumbass ain't really finna get a job since you'll be in prison" he told him.

"Well shit if I gotta go down then you do too" Damion pulled his gun out, pointing it at Spencer.

"Don't do somethin' you gon' end up regrettin'" Spencer began. "You gotta understand though, this death shit don't scare me no more. Not after what I experienced. Hell if I ain't have my family wit' me on this side...I'd say you be doin' me a favor" he watched as Darius carefully creeped behind Damion.

"I don't give a-" before Damion could finish his statement, Darius tackled him to the ground. Damion's gun fell out of his hand and Spencer kicked it to the side.

"I outta kill yo ass myself!" Darius spat at Damion. "Outta yo god damn mind!" he yelled as he held him to the ground.

The police soon arrived at the scene and Spencer explained what had occurred. He watched as the EMTs provided assistance for the man in the passenger seat of Damion's car, and for those that may have experienced injury inside of the building.