5. Shell Shocked

Olivia Baker

"Jordan just dropped me off at Nae's" Olivia told Spencer as she closed the passenger door. "I'm walking up to the door right now" She then waved goodbye to Jordan and the kids.

It was the following morning and Olivia decided to meet with Nae to not only seek advice about Spencer, but was in desperate need of support during this trying time. Jordan dropped her off at Nae's while he took his niece and nephew to the zoo for the day. 

"You're okay with me being here?" Olivia inquired as she stood near the front door. Spencer didn't say much, instead he was quick to get off of the phone.

"Look I'll see you later" Spencer said in an aloof tone and then hung up the phone. Olivia sighed as she knocked on Nae's front door, crossing her arms as she waited for her friend to answer.

"Goodness gracious!" Nae greeted as she opened her front door. "It's been too damn long" she said while hugging Olivia. The both of them hadn't seen one another in person since the day at the hospital.

"I know and I'm sorry" Olivia gently squeezed her friend's growing belly. She still couldn't believe they were both pregnant at the same time. "How are you and the little one?" she inquired as Nae gave her space to come in her home. Olivia immediately got comfortable and removed her crocs.

"We're hangin' in there. It hasn't been an easy journey but each day I try to make the most of it" Nae smiled at her friend. She then handed Olivia a cup of tea and lead her into the living room. "So how are you holding up?" she inquired as the both of them sat on the couch.

"It's been a rough three months...I don't even know where to start." Olivia began. "I've been battling with my own mental health on top of trying to be the best mom to the kids while somehow finding the time to still be in school. And with Spencer...I don't know what to do. I don't know how to help him when he won't let me" she said.

"He's...always been a piece of work" Nae chuckled as she thought back to their high school days. "Spencer's been known to shut down whenever he's going through something" she said and Olivia nodded.

"Most definitely. But it's a lot different this time" Olivia mentioned. "When I went back to the hospital that night...I knew right away" she said as the memory replayed in her brain.

*flash back*

Olivia picked her cellphone up from off the floor and placed it against her ear.

"Hello, Mrs. James. Are you there?" Doctor Cortez questioned. Olivia shockingly nodded her head as if the doctor could see her. "Mrs. James-"

"Yes...I'm...I'm h-here" Olivia said in a shaky tone. "Doctor Cortez, what is going on?" she inquired as tears cascaded down her face.

"We need you to come back to the hospital and quickly. There's seem to have been a mistake" Doctor Cortez told her.

"Is...is Spencer alive?" Olivia questioned as she wiped the tears off of her face.

"Yes and-"

Olivia immediately hung up the phone and grabbed her car keys. 

"Mom!" Olivia screamed loudly as she ran out of her bedroom. Laura instantly opened her bedroom door in a panic. "I need you to come with me to the hospital" she said as she rushed down the hallway.

"Livvie what's-"

"It's Spencer! He's alive!" she yelled as she quickly ran down the stairs. Laura quickly grabbed her coat and followed her daughter down the steps.

"What's going on?" Jordan inquired as he'd been in the living room with Angel and Kross. 

"Spencer's alive!" Laura said as she entered the foyer and quickly exited the home.