40. Stand On It

Spencer James

"Which Tiffany necklace should I wear?" Olivia inquired as she entered their bedroom. She was finishing the final touches to her outfit for the night and wanted to know his thoughts regarding her jewelry. "Babe?" she glanced at her husband, who was awfully quiet.

"I'm sorry" Spencer paused from dissociating. "The pink looks nice" he told her and Olivia's face filled with confusion.

"I'm not wearing pink" Olivia stared at her outfit. "You've been...off since you got home from work today. I know you said you were okay but are you sure that you are?" she inquired, sitting next to him on the edge of their bed.

" I don't want to ruin our night. We gon' have fun at Simone's party and we gon' deal wit' it later" Spencer told her and Olivia furrowed her eyebrows.

"Well when you put it that way...now I really want to know what happened" Olivia crossed her arms. "What happened at work today?" she inquired.

"Liv, I just said-"

"What happened at work today, Spencer?" Olivia questioned in a stern voice. "We're not leaving until you tell me everything" she told him.

"It's Kayla" Spencer began, shaking his head.

"Mmh" her nose wrinkled. Olivia just knew she was about to hear something she wouldn't like because of who this story is about.

"She came onto me" he watched as her eyebrows raised. "Her dumbass tried to play it off as if she were showing me her sample of her swimsuit design. But nah...she deadass came onto me" he chuckled in disbelief.

"...so what exactly...did she do?" Olivia shifted in her seat as she felt skin get warm. "You know what...I'm not even sure I want to know the details. But go on and tell me anyway" she bounced her leg.

"I sat down in the chair...obviously not knowin' what was about to occur and she sat on my lap. Tried kissin' up on me" Spencer began. "I threw her off of me and fired her ass, but that shit ain't even bother her. She told me that if I fired her, she would tell everyone that I came onto her. And that after she denied my advances, I threatened to assault her" he continued. 

"Alright" Olivia got up from their bed, stepping out of her dress. She opened her drawer, and changed into her sweats before tying her hair into a ponytail.

"What are you doing?" he chuckled as she grabbed his brass knuckles off of their dresser. "Liv" Spencer's eyebrows furrowed as she stormed out of their bedroom.

"Hey!" Laura greeted her daughter in the hallway. "Wait, aren't you supposed to be getting-"

"I need you to bail me out of jail" Olivia cut Laura off as she walked down the stairs and through the foyer.

"What's going on?" Laura asked Spencer as he rushed out of the bedroom.

"I'll explain later" Spencer replied, rushing down the stairs and outside of the home. "Olivia" he grabbed her hand, causing her to turn around.

"I'm fucking livid right now!" Olivia paced back and forth. "That bitch needs her ass beat!" she exclaimed, unlocking their car door.

"Baby wait" he stopped her from opening the car. "Look I'm just as pissed as you, Liv. Hell, I feel violated on so many levels. But I've been where you're feeling before. You're so enraged that you could actually harm someone. And though it may feel like it's the right thing to do in the moment, you'll regret that shit later. Trust me...I know" Spencer tried to talk her out of it.

"I am no trying to hear you be the voice of reason right now" Olivia told him truthfully. "If you're not gonna let me beat her ass, I'll let Nae handle it. Or one of your homie. Either way she needs to be touched" she shrugged her shoulders.