9. Can I

Spencer James

"You know you didn't have to spend money to book us a separate room" Olivia mentioned as Spencer came back from the lobby. "We could've made it work with Jordan and Simone" she continued and Spencer politely disagreed.

"You wanted to share a bed wit' them?" he inquired and Olivia shook her head 'no'. "That's what I thought. And there's no way in hell we was finna sleep on no tiny ass couch" he chuckled, setting his crutch aside.

"You do have a point" Olivia watched as he hobbled in her direction. "...I didn't want to bring this up while we were in the car earlier, but I noticed there was a...shift in your demeanor on our way here. Is everything okay?" she asked as she rubbed her belly.

Spencer chuckled to himself as he pulled his phone out from his pocket. "The store got tagged up again" he handed Olivia his phone.

"This is worse than what happened the first time" Olivia's eyes widened as she stared at the photos of his building that was tagged. "Wait..." she paused as she found a screenshot of someone's Instagram post in the thread that was sent to him.

"There's somethin' else?" Spencer furrowed his eyebrows.

"Uh...no" Olivia said as she tried to delete the screenshot from the thread. "I'm in shocked that this happened again" she told him. Olivia didn't want him to see what she had read.

"Liv let me see the phone" Spencer chuckled as he reached for his phone. Olivia sighed in defeat as Spencer retrieved his phone from her. His face dropped as he stared at the screenshot she so desperately tried to avoid him from seeing. "Known for the clickin' ask that nigga Spence how them shots was hittin'" he read aloud the caption to some random dude's instagram post.

Olivia frowned as his eyes were filled with pure hurt. "I don't understand how people can be so disrespectful.." she crossed her arms, shaking her head.

"Hood politics. Niggas diss each other everyday" Spencer glanced at his phone. "I ain't trippin' on it though" he said as he stuffed his phone in his pocket.

"Spencer" Olivia stepped closer to him. "You're allowed to be up-"

"I told you I'm not trippin' 'bout it" Spencer cut her off. "It's gon' get handled so there's no need to be upset" he told her.

"Alright then" Olivia sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. "I guess if it's not bothering you then why should I be upset? Right?" she walked away from him, sitting on the couch in Jordan and Simone's suite.

"Liv-"

"Spencer! Liv!" Jordan and Simone came back into the suite. "The pool out there is amazing! You both should join us!" he suggested, glancing at the couple.

"I can't really swim but I don't mind goin' out there with y'all" Spencer said and Olivia glanced at him. "You joinin'?" he pointed at her.

"I guess I could" she stood to her feet, grabbing her bag. "I'm going to get changed" she rubbed her belly.

"You two alright?" Jordan asked after his sister was out of sight. "The energy seems different" he mentioned.

"We good" Spencer grabbed his crutch. "I'ma go get dressed too. We'll join you out there soon" he told Jordan, reaching for his bag.

"You got it Spence?" Jordan inquired and Spencer nodded his head. "Alright then. Simone and I will be at the pool" he said as the both of them left.

As Spencer hobbled to the bathroom, he opened the door completely forgetting that Olivia was in there. "Oh shit, my bad baby" he backed out of the bathroom, reaching for the door knob.