60. Find My Way

Olivia Baker

*two days later*

"Spencer..." Olivia entered the living room with Halo in her arms. "Babe. You're supposed to be upstairs resting, you've got a big night ahead" she found him sitting on the couch, typing away on his laptop.

"You know the grind don't stop" Spencer briefly paused, glancing at his wife and their daughter. "What time are you dropping the kids off at yours moms again?" he inquired as Olivia sat next to him.

"Most likely around 3" Olivia glanced at a sleeping Halo. "It all depends on when I get Kross and Angel ready" she added, staring at him. She couldn't help but smile at her husband.

"Why you starin' at me like that?" Spencer inquired as a smile crept on his face.

"I just love you. I am proud of you. I know tonight will be amazing and-" Olivia was suddenly interrupted by the sound of their doorbell. "I'll be right back" she handed Halo to him, walking out of the living room.

Olivia heaved a big sigh as she opened their front door. "...Simone?" her eyes widened at the woman in front of her.

"Liv...hi. I am sorry to show up unannounced" Simone fidgeted with her fingers. "But I was hoping you and I could sit down and talk? Unless right now isn't a good time?" she inquired, hoping Olivia would agree to speak with her.

"I have a few minutes...come in" Olivia stood aside to allow Simone to enter her home. "You can head out to the patio" she added, closing the front door. Simone briefly paused in the living room to say 'hello' and then continued towards the patio.

"Thank you...for agreeing to having this conversation. I appreciate this, even after I haven't been that great of a friend to you" Simone glanced at Olivia who sat across from her. 

"Simone you've been more than a great friend to me. I want that to be clear. I was just confused about you asking for space, but I chose to honor what you asked for...and that's where we are at right now" Olivia shrugged her.

"And about that...I would like to clear things up with you" Simone said and Olivia nodded her head. "Me asking for space had less to do with you and more to do with me. I was not trying to hear the truth you had to say about my situation. I should not have shut you out but rather embrace your honesty with me. I should not have shut down because...ultimately you were right. My feelings for Jordan never fully vanished. I had no right to try to move on when I was not fully ready" she explained.

"But...I'd be wrong if I were to deny my feelings for Darius. I've always been honest about my feelings for him. He's an amazing, all around good guy. Being around him has brought out a side of me I haven't seen in a long time...he made me laugh. Made me feel good about myself. What I felt for him was from a genuine place" Simone continued and Olivia nodded her head. "But..." she paused.

"Your feelings for Jordan were stronger?" Olivia inquired and Simone nodded her head.

"They are stronger" Simone clarified. "I am...still in love with him, Liv. And for the longest time...I was so against the idea of Jordan and I ever getting back together because of what we went through. How I responded to you that day was from a place of fear. I was afraid to admit you were right about it all. I mean... it felt embarrassing to express it then. How could I still have feelings for someone who did not respect our relationship? How could I possibly still be in love with someone while I am with someone else?" she explained as she felt her eyes water.

"Love never fades, Simone. It is unconditional" Olivia reached for her hand, squeezing it. "Have you forgiven Jordan for the pain he's caused you?" she inquired.