32. Baby Blues

Olivia Baker

*3 weeks later*

"Babe..." Olivia sleepily groaned as she heard their son crying from his bedroom. "Babe" she repeated, gently shaking his shoulder.

"Stop Liv" Spencer sucked his teeth. He hated being disturbed from his sleep.

"Kross is crying. Can you please go check on him?" she practically begged. Olivia was beyond tired, she'd been waking up during the night to check on Halo and to feed her. "Spencer" she said in a stern tone, shaking his shoulder with a bit more aggression.

"Aight damn" he rose up, removing himself from their bed.

"Thank you" she watched as he gave her a thumbs up, exiting their bedroom.

The past few weeks have been a struggle for Olivia. She was having a hard time finding a balance between her children and Spencer, in addition to finding time for herself. She didn't think the transition from two to three children would be this drastic for her and Spencer.

Olivia tried to go back to sleep but began to worry after she noticed Spencer hadn't returned from Kross' room. She gently rose up, carefully removing herself from their bed. Though she'd given birth three weeks ago, she still experienced minor pain with walking.

Olivia peeked her head in Angel and Kross' shared bedroom, smiling to herself as she found her favorite boys asleep next to each other. She quietly closed the bedroom door behind her and started to head back to her bedroom. Before she could make it inside, she heard Halo crying loudly from her nursery.

"Shit" she sighed as she turned towards her daughter's room. Though she enjoyed her time with Halo, she was extremely exhausted. "Mommy's right here" Olivia cooed as she entered her daughter's nursery.

She gently grabbed Halo out of her crib, gently rocking her in her arms. "Are you hungry, baby girl?" she inquired as she went to sit down in the rocking chair. Olivia pulled her shirt up, hoping Halo would eat and then fall back asleep.

"Come on..." Olivia tried to get Halo to latch on but her cries grew louder. "What's the matter, pumpkin?" she stood to her feet, gently rocking her back and forth.

Olivia decided she would try to feed Halo after gently rocking her. As time passed it seems as if Halo's cries grew louder and were not stopping anytime soon.

"Shhh...it's okay baby girl" Olivia whispered to Halo. "Let's try again to see if you're hungry" she sighed as she sat back down in the rocking chair.

"You good?" Spencer inquired as he stood in the entrance of Halo's nursery. He could visibly tell that Olivia was frustrated as she attempted to get Halo to stop crying.

"I'm fine" Olivia stated as she tried to feed their daughter for the umpteenth time. She sucked her teeth once she realized Halo refused to latch onto her breast.

"What you need me to do?" Spencer inquired as he entered the room. "I can see the frustration on your face, let me try" he approached her, wanting nothing more than to ease her nerves.

"Spencer do you not see that I'm trying to feed her?!" Olivia questioned. "There's nothing you can do for me right now" she stated, watching as he stepped away from the rocking chair.

"Okay..." he watched as Halo continued to cry and give Olivia a tough time.

"I just...I don't understand what I'm doing wrong" Olivia's voice began to crack. "She's just not latching on right now..." she mentioned.

"And you know what, that's okay..." Spencer began. "Has it occurred to you that she may not even be hungry right now?" he inquired and Olivia furrowed her eyebrows.