25. Trip Around The Sun

Olivia Baker

*1 week later*

"Today is the big day, babe! Our baby boy is one!" Olivia exclaimed as she rested her head on Spencer's chest. It was the morning of their son's first birthday and Olivia was filled with a variety of emotions.

"Shit time flew by quick" Spencer gently rubbed her arm. "Our little man growing up" he chuckled as she smiled at him.

"He truly is" Olivia paused from tracing his tattoos. "I can't even imagine trying to plan the party with everything we've had going on. I am grateful my mom decided to plan it" she mentioned, glancing up at him.

"Me too. We ain't gotta do a damn thing but show up" Spencer said and Olivia laughed. The couple continued to engage in conversation before hearing their son waking up for the day.

"He's awake!" Olivia sat up, snatching the covers off of her body. She then removed herself from their bed, pausing to catch her breath.

"Slow down baby" Spencer chuckled getting out of the bed. "I know you excited but trust me when I say he ain't goin' nowhere" he reached for his shirt, pulling it over his head.

Spencer intertwined their fingers together as the couple exited their bedroom. Olivia's eyes lit with pure joy as they found Kross standing up in his crib.

"Hi my baby boy! Good morning!" Olivia greeted as Spencer reached for their son. "Happy birthday stinky!" she pecked Kross' cheeks. 

"Happy birthday, fat man!" Spencer gave him gentle kisses. "Lookin' just like me!" he chuckled as their son smiled.

"Okay now you're pushing it. A whole year later and it's clear that he's my twin" Olivia laughed at him.

"I know you like bein' delusional and what not so I'll let you have it" Spencer said and Olivia shook her head.

"Whatever" she playfully rolled her eyes. "How about you go check on Angel while I get Kross ready" she reached for their son.

"I got chu" Spencer pecked her forehead. "I'll be back" he exited Kross' bedroom and headed towards Angel's room. 

***

"Mom I've been watching you pace back and forth for thirty minutes" Olivia mentioned as her Laura entered the living room. "Are you are there's nothing I can do to help you?" she inquired as her mom sat next to her on the couch.

"You know what...I just asked Spencer to go to the store and grab some last minute items" Laura began. "He's about to leave soon if you want to join him. He might need your assistance" she said, causing Olivia to laugh.

"I will definitely go with him. I remember the last time you sent him to the store and he came back with everything except what you needed" Olivia laughed at the memory. "But before I head out, I want to thank you for putting together this party for Kross. It means a lot to both Spencer and I" she said.

"Anytime" Laura smiled at her daughter. "You go on and join Spencer. I'm going to check on Jordan to make sure the tables and chairs are set up" she stood on her feet, walking out of the living room.

"Baby" Spencer greeted as he stepped into the living room. "I'ma head to the store...you need anything?" he asked her.

"No but I will tag along" Olivia's eyes locked with his. "Look at you, though! You look handsome" she added, her eyes scanning his outfit.

"Shit you know I had to get extra fly for the one time" Spencer licked his lips as he glanced at her. "You look gorgeous though" he complimented and she smiled.