41. Things Change

Spencer James

"Spencer!" Olivia whispered-yelled as he stood to his feet. "Sit back down and stop trying to save Jordan. If he wants to act up, let him. He's in complete control of his actions and will have to learn the hard way" she shrugged her shoulders.

"Jordan don't need to go out there and cause a scene, Liv. Hell, I ain't tryna get banned from here" Spencer told her the truth. "Plus, he don't know Darius like we do. D would drop his ass in 2.5 seconds if he tried it" he explained.

"Maybe that's what needs to happen" Olivia sipped her water. "I love Jordan but I'm sick of his shit" she told him.

"I am too...but I can't let him go out like this" Spencer watched as Olivia rolled her eyes. "I'ma handle this and I'll be right back" he leaned forward, pecking her forehead.

Spencer adjusted his suit as he rushed after Jordan. "J!" he called out, causing Jordan to pause in his tracks.

"What?" Jordan turned in Spencer's direction. "If you came to stop me, there is no point. I'm going to find out what's going on between Simone and Darius" he told him.

"And then what? You gon' beat Darius' ass?" Spencer inquired, raising his eyebrows.

"...yeah" Jordan confirmed and Spencer furrowed his eyebrows.

"Jordan, wait" Spencer stood in front of him. "...you don't know D like I do, man. He ain't the one you want to mess with" he warned.

"Well when it comes to Simone...I want all the smoke" Jordan brushed past Spencer, walking in Simone and Darius' direction.

"This ain't even about Simone" Spencer began and Jordan stopped in his tracks. "You heard correctly" he clarified.

"You don't know what you're talking about. This is about Simone and how much I love her. I'm fighting to get her back" Jordan explained and Spencer shook her head.

"The way you actin' right now...that ain't comin' from love. That's comin' from the ego. You want to be in control of this situation...to be in possession of her, but that ain't love. If you love Simone, you would support her decision to not be with you right now. I am sure that is hard for you to accept. But you gotta be willing to work through your own discomfort and take responsibility for the shit you caused" he briefly explained.

"But I have taken responsibility. I've owned up to what I did...and I've apologized to her a thousand times. I'm just not understanding why she can't move past what happened" Jordan said and Spencer frowned.

"...have you not once considered her feelings about everything? Simone's not responding this way to you to be an asshole. It's the result of the pain you've caused her" Spencer stared at him in disbelief. "You two have been broken up for months now...and you still have no self development" he chuckled.

"Spence-"

"Until that happens...ain't no way in hell y'all gettin' back together. You gotta dig deep into yo flaws. Ain't shit gon' get better or change until you do" Spencer cut him off.

Jordan didn't say anything. He was silent for a few seconds before briefly speaking up. "I'm not going towards them. But can I ask you a question?" he inquired while glancing at Simone and Darius.

"...go for it" Spencer sighed.

"Are they a couple?" Jordan referred to Simone and Darius.

"Nah" Spencer replied, hoping Jordan would return back to the restaurant.

"...I'ma go back inside now" Jordan told him and Spencer heaved a sigh of relief.

"Good call" Spencer followed Jordan back into the restaurant.