36. Messed Up

Spencer James

"Aight Liv. Halo is down for right now and my Pops just picked up Angel and Kross. They'll be spending tonight with him" Spencer stated as he entered their bedroom. Olivia didn't respond to what he just said, causing him to furrow his eyebrows.

"I just spoke with Jordan" Olivia watched as Spencer joined her in their bed. "He explained to me what caused the fight between you two. And the both of you are just...wow" she shook her head in disbelief.

"Liv-"

"I never would have expected to hear you...out of all people disrespect my father. Someone who was once a figure in your life, by the way" Olivia glared at him with pure disgust.

"But Jordan-"

"Jordan was doing what he does best. And that's being an asshole for no reason. But you shouldn't have stooped low. What he said to you should not have warrant any type of response, especially since you know damn well my dad loved you" Olivia cut him off. "There were a million other things you could've said to address Jordan but you purposely chose to be hurtful. Not just to him, but to me. I don't even want to tell my mom any of this" she finished.

"I feel horrible about it" Spencer stated his truth.

"I don't give a damn about how you feel" Olivia said as tears fell down her cheeks. "I don't have anything else to say to you. But know that you are truly walking on thin ice with me and I suggest you tread lightly" she wiped her cheeks.

"Olivia" he reached for her but she stopped him from.

"Do not touch me" Olivia warned. "God I can't even stand you right now" she scooted towards the edge of their bed.

"I'ma give you some space" Spencer removed the covers from off of his body.

"Good idea" Olivia adjusted her pillow as she laid down. Spencer slid out of their bed, walking out of their bedroom. He then made his way towards the living room, laying across the couch.

He searched through the channels on the tv, sighing as there was nothing to watch at the moment. His phone suddenly rang, causing Spencer to furrow his eyebrows.

"Kayla?" he glanced at the clock after answering the phone. It was a little after five in the evening.

"Hi, I am so sorry to bother you right now. I left  set of keys in the break room while rushing to get out of the building" Kayla began. "I tried calling Darius and he didn't pick up, so I figured I'd call you next" she told him.

"Okay" Spencer cursed to himself as he sat up. He was just starting to get comfortable on the couch. "I am on my way there" he said.

"Thank you so much!" Kayla said as she ended their phone call.

Spencer then rushed up the stairs and into his room. He grabbed his jacket from his closet and reached for his keys off of the dresser.

"I'll be right back" Spencer announced as he quickly put on his hoodie. "One of my employees locked their set of keys in the building" he told Olivia. He was waiting for a response from her but didn't receive one. Spencer walked out of their bedroom, shaking his head.

 He was annoyed with himself more than anything. He blamed himself for the trying times he and Olivia were currently in. It was as if  every time they made up from a previous situation, something else would occur between them.

Spencer hurried to his car before speeding out of the driveway. He was determined to get to his store and back home in a quick and safe manner. He personally did not like being out as it was now darker outside than before.