58. Paint It

Spencer James

*three weeks later*

"I hope you don't mind..." Des began as she handed the hoodie and shorts to Spencer. "I cover stitched more than just the hems" she told him.

"Care to elaborate?" Spencer inquired and Des raised her eyebrows. "You not in trouble...I just would like to know your thought process" he chuckled.

"It adds strength to the seams...and it enables a ton of stretching. That's not happening if only the hems are stitched" Des retrieved the hoodie to demonstrate. "I'm sure...we've all had hoodies or an article clothing where the thread gets loose and you can easily pull it out. That's because the stitch wasn't properly secure. So....I decided to cover stitch as much as I could" she explained.

"That's actually clever...I would've never thought to do that" Olivia voiced and everyone nodded their heads. "What made you add the fleece into the hood?" she asked.

"Just for comfortability. I knew if I were rocking a hoodie I'd want something that's cuddly and cozy" Des laughed. "But we don't have to add it, I just did for fun" she added.

"It's a dope feature but it's not as breathable as other fabrics" Spencer said and Des nodded. "But overall, this is perfect. I appreciate both Des and Liv for helping this vision come to life" he said and everyone agreed.

"...I have one more item I'd like to show you" Des spoke and Spencer glanced at her. "I know this wasn't discussed or planned, but perhaps we could add this in future collections" she said, pulling out a pair of Carolina blue men's shorts.

"Oh wow" Spencer's eyes widened. "These are hard as fuck" he reached for the shorts, holding them up to his team.

 "I could see men wearing this" Olivia added and Darius agreed.

"Especially wit' some long socks and chucks. The Los Angeles way" Darius chuckled. "I'd maybe make them shits end above the knee though. Dudes ain't finna be wearin' short shorts wit' they thighs out" he added.

"I could wear this joint wit' a matchin' crew neck" Spencer said and Des nodded. "We'a definitely go in this direction for the next collection. I ain't finna pass up on this shit" he chuckled.

"Thank you" Des smiled as Spencer handed her the shorts. "...this is exciting!" she exclaimed and Olivia smiled at her.

"Is there anything you need for us to do in the meantime?" Olivia asked Spencer.

"I need for y'all to contact the models for a fittin', We have about 72 hours  before the launch. I want to make sure everythin' is perfect...we have no room for error" Spencer said and everyone nodded their heads. "D, what's going on wit' the venue?" he inquired.

"We expectin' 250 guests to attend" Darius answered. "I meet up wit' the planner today and she said she and the crew gon' start setting' up" he added and Spencer nodded.

"Before you leave I'ma need an update on the setup" Spencer told him and Darius nodded. "Aight y'all...y'all go ahead and take y'all's lunch" he announced to his team.

***

"So..." Spencer paused to take a bite out of his sandwich. "You been doin' aight?" he asked Darius.

"I been coolin'" Darius replied. "I ain't gon' lie though, I do miss shorty. But it just wasn't meant to be and I have no choice but to be okay wit' that" he added.

"Have you spoke to Simone since you called things off?" Spencer inquired.

"I have" Darius began. "I felt she should know that I don't hate her nor do I fault her for anythin'. She shouldn't harbor any guilt for how she feels. I blame myself for pursuin' her, if anythin'" he explained.